- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 09 August 2023
- Job Ref: J9271
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- An exciting role within the ERP division to be a senior member of the team working on one of our core SaaS products. You will be working with the engineering manager and lead to ensure the delivery of the roadmap, technical and quality deliverables of the team, whilst also supporting the junior members.
- You will contribute to hands on coding and engineering processes within the team, whilst ensuring the team delivers projects, maintains technical and quality standards and is motivated and engaged.
- Quality and usability should be a first-class consideration, baked into the engineering process.
- The product is SaaS, multi-tenanted application and the technology stack includes but not limited to SQL Server; C# and .NET Core 6, Microsoft Worker Services and WebAPI (REST and GraphQl), React (TypeScript and SCSS), Azure technologies and unit testing frameworks.
- Contribute to the management of effective CI/CD pipelines and source control
Key characteristics for this role: enthusiastic, solutions-focused, pro-active, loves a challenge, pride in your codebase and the quality of your output, and adaptable.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensure dev standards are established, known and followed within Scrum team.
- Actively participate in requirements analysis.
- Analyze, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools.
- Identify, compartmentalize and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability.
- Proactively contribute to Technical Roadmap, demonstrating good understanding of technical, commercial and risk factors, and recommending priorities.
- Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team.
Champion a quality focused approach showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
- You are collaborative and pragmatic. You can communicate with, advise, and guide all stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, technical approach, and strategic objectives. You demonstrate self-awareness and ability to adapt message according to audience to achieve positive results.
- You write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple, and easy to read. You stay up to date with latest technology.
- You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centered activities.
- You can co-ordinate, plan and manage Dev sprint/release activities. You take responsibility for the entire project, can identify risks early, understand overall project picture and makes decisions/recommendations according to these in order to achieve successful delivery of deliverables autonomously.
- You keep abreast of technical developments in the industry and are aware of the evolution in the various technologies you work in.
- You pro-actively seek to coach, guide and advise junior teammates; you demonstrate humility (understanding limits of knowledge) and strive to develop gaps in technical and soft skills.
As a well-rounded Senior Software Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Demonstrable experience with the technologies used in the required product, requirements analysis and environments management.
- Work experience as a member in a scrum team.
Demonstrable experience of owning and driving successful delivery of projects
What does Access offer you?
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits