- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 09 July 2022
- Job Ref: J4848
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we are looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It is this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We are passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That is why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organizations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
We are one of the most successful and fastest growing software groups in the UK and are now investing heavily in the Asia Pacific region aiming to replicate our success.
The successful candidate will have a strong engineering mindset and experience with developing modern architecture based around .net technology.
You should be keen to learn and proactively develop your skillset, and enthusiastically engage and collaborate with your team-mates. You are eager to take ownership of individual tasks and follow through to completion and can easily adapt to changing priorities and overcome challenges.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working in a Product Engineering scrum team which consists of highly skilled software developers, test engineers, and designers all operating in a dynamic and customer focused environment following a predominantly agile methodology.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop scalable solutions with deployment, support and maintenance in mind
- Introduce new technologies and frameworks to existing solutions
- Keep up to date with relevant technology areas and apply your learning to effective business solutions
- Maintain relevant documentation to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes where applicable
- Work with cloud vendors to bring high quality solutions, migrations and configurations
- Communicate at a high level with transparency through all phases of development
- Transfer technology knowledge amongst 4 scrum teams
Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Cloud infrastructure, development, deployment and security experience in AWS or Azure
- Expert at .net, experienced in .net core
- Postgres and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- EntityFramework/NHibernate/Dapper or other ORM libraries
- Svelte/Angular/React/Vue or similar modern JS frameworks, plus frontend build automation tools
- Implementing architecture patterns like Microservices, DDD, CQRS, Event Sourcing
- Operationalizing modern trends like Cloud, Social, Mobility, IoT, Big Data, AI
- Modern identity provider or authentication protocols (eg. Identity Server, OpenID Connect)
- Degree with relevance e.g., Computer Science.
- 5+ years professional experience
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter who will get tasks going, and Drive to completion.
- Domain experience of payroll, accounting, and HR Systems in particular, is an advantage.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we are all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we are all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it is just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, if you are qualified, we cannot wait for your application.