Data Services Senior Engineer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success, so we’re looking
for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day to help us
become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. This obsession drives us to
work closely across sectors to understand our customers’ business needs - from professional
services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We’re passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of their industry and business
challenges. That’s why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to
help their organisations thrive.
This position is for a Senior Engineer to be part of a growing Data Services development team.
Reporting to the Data Services Team Lead, you will be influential in the development process and be
responsible for producing high-quality iterative deliverables to align with the business strategy in the
Health, Support & Care division.
You will be accountable for ensuring our software meets business requirements, aligns with
technology and governance standards, and deliver on-time, quality solutions.
You are a dynamic, skilled individual with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in your
work. You are a strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and
takes shared ownership of the development pipeline within the team. You are focused on delivering
high-quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an Agile environment. You are
constantly seeking to improve both your skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fastpaced, dynamic company. You will work closely with the Team Lead, Engineers/Developers, QA
Engineers, and Product Manager. You will contribute to planning sessions, architect technical
solutions, and guide the technological evolution of products.
• Take the lead alongside the Team Leader and Product Manager in refining and evolving the
structure and design of our Data Platforms/Solutions
• Iteratively evolve the current Microsoft Azure/SQL Data Warehouse platforms with new
functionality in line with the Product Manager’s requirement and the Access Data/BI strategic
• Build robust, reliable ETL processes to feed data from internal operational databases and
• Continually monitor and performance tune the Azure and SQL environments
• Understand and integrate the various BI tools as required by the business
• Work closely with the QA Engineers to ensure data integrity, and quality is maintained as the
requirements for the SQL Data Warehouse and Azure platforms continue to expand
• Advise and collaborate with all stakeholders to achieve high-quality deliverables
• Ensure that projects remain on target to meet deadlines
• Use your skills and experience to coach and mentor other team members where required
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstratable industry experience with Microsoft Azure DF/DL, Microsoft SQL Server, TSQL and SQL Server Management Studio
• Experience designing and implementing ETL processes with SSIS and related technologies
• Understanding extensive data models to understand the business domain and realise the
potential value of data
• Strong understanding of SQL Data Warehouse design methodologies
• Comfortable working within virtual environments
• Experience creating and enforcing backup and data retention policies
• Performance tuning, query optimisation and high availability
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
• Willingness to apply thorough test processes to produce high-quality deliverables
• Active interest in learning new emerging database and data warehousing technologies
• Willingness to occasionally work out of hours and undertake any other ad-hoc duties
• Experience in the migration of older solutions to new data platforms such as Azure DF/DL
• Strong understanding of Agile software development
• Strong experience with Data Warehouse testing tools and strategies
• Knowledge of other data lakes and big data platforms such as Hadoop, Redshift, AWS, etc.
• SQL Server Analysis (multi-dimensional reporting and data mining from OLAP cubes) – useful
for strategic reporting and testing
• Awareness of other database technologies like MongoDB, Elasticsearch
• Experience creating C# Web APIs to expose data securely to surrounding applications
• Data security and audit to support GDPR
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the
development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan
andan opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and
healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• Six weeks Sabbaticals (after six years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses-paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!