- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 14 October 2023
- Job Ref: J8646
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow. Are you ready for the challenge?
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers – from the Hospitality sector to the Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s or Construction plus many more.
We’re passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
In Romania we are proud to have more than 350 tech and software business specialist working in Timisoara and around the country and we are not stopping here.
We are the leading provider of hospitality software solutions in the UK for very good reason. We have developed HR technology, which has revolutionised Human Resource Management in the Hospitality sector. Our solutions have been specifically tailored to address HR requirements within the hospitality industry with the clear objective of improving efficiency, increasing profitability and significantly streamlining processes. Our comprehensive suite of tools integrate with each other, providing you with a single touch point to control all your business costs in one easy to use system.
You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic company. You will be expected to mentor more junior members of the team, contribute to planning sessions and design technical solutions as well as guide the technical evolution of products.
- Able to communicate well with team members, and can clearly communicates progress, and potential risks to progress, as early as possible to the Dev Lead and agile team.
- Able to actively participate in requirements' reviews and refinement
- Able to read existing code, make guided changes to it and debug it
- Able to write code that is easy to read, to understand and DRY; able to refactor small sections of code with guidance without introducing bugs; able to write unit tests for pure functions;
- Able to trigger deployments, demonstrate understanding of environments and use project specific dev tools.
- Able to follow pre-defined source control procedure, committing and merging code, dealing with conflicts
- Able to narrow down and highlight areas of concern and propose why the issue may be happening.
- Understands some basic principles of QA, including: why QA is necessary, objectives, QA activities, who should be involved in QA, the importance of defect tracking. Takes responsibility for quality of own work.
- Able to provide accurate estimates for Sprint items, through refinement and planning.
- Inputs into planning in terms of their capacity, ensuring they understand scope, risk and complexity of work.
- Understands the ceremonies and Dev activities within a sprint, and the order they should occur, and actively participates in achieving these.
- Able to apply generic programming best practices, e.g., SOLID design principle, ensure quality of the written code through unit testing.
- Demonstrates working product knowledge and aware of the value of any development
- Aware of the common design patterns in the technology they use, writes clear & self-documenting code, organises methods and classes appropriately. Understands the basics of exception handling.
- Recognises the need for continuous improvement and actively participates in team retrospectives
- Develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies, provided that the solution was agreed with a more senior developer role.
- Requirements review and refinement to identify and prevent potential defects
- Debugging: Analyse, identifies and fixes root cause of defects in the familiar area of an application
- Work with the project specific branching strategy, committing, merging and dealing with conflicts
- Deploy to environments using predefined build and deployment pipes, and use project specific development tools
- Collaborate with QA team and demonstrate increasing understanding of quality best practice
- Understand the business logic that applies in the worked area
- Continuously learn both development tools and technologies used in the worked project as well as other development tools and technologies
- Clearly report progress both verbally and in writing, keeping tracking systems up to date
- As a well- rounded Selima Developer - Hospitality , your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- C# and .NET Framework 4.8
- Microsoft ASP.NET Entity Framework
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI
- HTML, CSS – including Less
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Profiling
- Software Design patterns
- Git version control
- Experience developing performant, scalable SaaS web-based systems
- Understanding agile software development principles and practices
- Understanding technical issues and considerations and provide constructive feedback to the development team and other stakeholders
- Excellent documentation skills, attention to detail and an ability to communicate detailed technical issues to stakeholders and to the internal business/project team
- Experience using JIRA or similar software packages for managing work
- We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company