- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 13 August 2021
- Job Ref: J3446
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality! Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Senior QA Engineer
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more. We are passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That is why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- You are collaborative, pragmatic, positive, competitive, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement.
- You demonstrate great communication skills and are able to communicate with, and advise stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, Quality approach and strategic objectives.
- You show a great understanding of best practice, including: Why QA is necessary, objectives, cost of defects, principles of testing, software development models, testing levels & types.
- You are a technical person with knowledge of automation frameworks, performance, load and security testing.
- You are able to report risks and observations and identify areas where further testing may be required.
About the role:
As a Senior QA Engineer on one of our core SaaS accountancy applications, you will work in an agile scrum team of 6-10 team members. Key focuses include:
- Design, develop and write automation scripts for our software applications.
- Championing a Quality-first approach within the team; building great relationships with developers, BAs, and Support; and participating in QA initiatives within the division.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Write, develop, and maintain automated Test Scripts within the Automation Framework to ensure maximum coverage, quality, and scalability across products.
- Identify areas of need, and drive initiatives to improve and measure areas such as: test design, planning and estimations, defect management, liaison with stakeholders, environment management, release process, automation, test tools, reporting, testware management.
- Advise, coach, and collaborate with team stakeholders on the QA approach the wider team should take, to deliver quality deliverables.
- Follow the agreed QA process and approach for automated testing, to align with the test & business strategy.
- Execute static reviews/requirements reviews in line with the department’s QA approach.
- Follow a risk-based approach, make risk-based recommendations, and identify, assess, and escalate quality risks.
- Contribute to developing test processes and improvements.
- Report to the QA Lead on progress and areas of risk.
- Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded Senior QA Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Experience of creating automation packs; Solid understanding of how to structure automation to achieve robust, efficient, and scalable test packs, including the automation infrastructure required (page object model design pattern).
- Knowledges of .NET programming languages
- Experience of E2E UI web automation using native Selenium WebDriver. Knowledge of HTML, XML, XPATH and CSS.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Experience of working with SaaS or Web-based products.
- Non-functional testing (performance/load/volume preferably)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of Risk and how to identify and assess it, including Risk-based Testing
- Experience of assisting in the development of test processes and improvements
- Willingness to occasionally work out of hours to deliver software releases
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Experience with testing and automation at API layer
- T-SQL - experience of writing basic queries
- Experience of Data driven testing
- Experience of using JIRA
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Great Holliday Package ( starting form 25 )
Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
7 Card Sport Allowance
Become part of our amazing Access family!
Love Work. Love Life. #WeAreAccess