Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
• You are an accomplished Senior Quality Engineer who's equally comfortable writing code as coaching peers and junior members of the team.
• You take pride in your work and the work of your team, ensuring that we delight users with our software and make their lives easier every day.
• You demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and plan QE sprint/release activities, prioritising your work, and help unblock others, in accordance with sprint goals.
• You display ownership, responsibility and good decision-making.
• You have a strong understanding of software engineering standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
• You have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
• You demonstrate a clear passion for quality being applied throughout the SDLC.
• You have the capability and motivation to enable the Automated Testing to embrace a more engineering focus.
• You have direct experience working with delivery pipelines, contributing to a shared codebase.
• You demonstrate a strong understanding of the difference between functional and non-functional test types, and equally you can demonstrate knowing where and when to apply them.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Coach team members to become technically proficient with our Test Automation frameworks
• Work within a Scrum team, delivering high quality software focused on Test Automation.
• Take ownership for enhancements to our Test Automation frameworks
• Actively contribute to refinement, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk, and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
• Identify and remove technical debt from the Test Automation frameworks
• Create relevant test documentation.
• Carry out manual testing activities when required.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
• Technology & Tools:
• An OO language, ideally C#
• REST API test automation
• GRAPH QL
• UI (User Interface) test automation
• Continuous Testing within a pipeline
• Jenkins/Azure DevOps
• Git-based Source Control
• Gherkin and Cucumber libraries
• Data driven testing.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.