- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 25 October 2020
- Job Ref: J2354
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
• Design and implementation of automated testing solutions for the product, ensure continual addition of tests to this framework as the product grows, with the aim to eliminate manual testing wherever feasible.
• Work with other QA team members to execute these test plans at good velocity to ensure release deadlines.
• Advise and guide all quality stakeholders on the QA approach the wider team should take, to deliver quality deliverables.
• Working in an Agile environment, own, manage or be accountable for specific projects and quality deliverables.
• Co-ordinate resource or workloads where appropriate on specific projects or deliverables.
• Follow, and help peers to follow, the agreed QA process and approach for both manual and automated testing, in order to align with the test & business strategy.
• Ensure manual testing is designed and executed to a high standard, taking an approach suitable to an agile, fast-paced environment, according to the product teams’ definitions of done.
• Design and execute static reviews, in line with the department’s QA approach.
• Follow a risk-based approach taking into account commercial factors, make risk-based recommendations and decisions on quality, priorities and releases and manage quality risks.
• Where appropriate, write, develop and maintain automated Test Scripts within the Automation Framework to ensure maximum coverage, quality and scalability across products.
• Drive the development of test processes and improvements.
• Report to the QA Lead on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
• Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
Skills and Abilities
• Strong experience of working in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
• Strong experience of working with SaaS or web-based products.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent understanding of Risk and how to manage it, including Risk-based Testing.
• Comprehensive testing experience and excellent understanding of test approaches and techniques, including specific approaches for SaaS products.
• Strong experience of taking end to end ownership of quality deliverables.
• Ability to work autonomously, demonstrating strong, risk-based decision-making capabilities.
• Non-functional testing (performance/load/volume/concurrency)
• Experience with testing and automation at API layers
• Experience of creating automation packs from the bottom up
• Solid understanding of how to structure automation to achieve robust, efficient and scalable test packs, including the automation infrastructure required (page object model).
• Pragmatic, positive, competitive, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement.
• Good understanding of how to design and execute static/requirements reviews.
• Experience of developing QA processes and improvements within a fast moving, agile environment
• Willingness to travel to other offices on occasion to liaise with other teams.
• Willingness to occasionally work out of hours to deliver software releases.
• Undertake any other ad-hoc duties.
• ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
• Experience of E2E UI web automation using Visual Studio and Selenium WebDriver (C#)
• T-SQL - experience of writing basic queries
• Experience of Data driven testing
• Experience of using JIRA