What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives
us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from
professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their
industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access
software to help their organisation thrive.
• You are either an experienced and very successful IT Project Manager ready for the next
step up or are already a Senior Project Manager with a proven pedigree.
• You will have a can-do positive attitude to deliver and are comfortable working in a high
• You must be a team player who can support others and be able to take on support when
offered, you will thrive on working in an agile environment, be ready and expectant of new,
sometimes short notice challenges.
• You extol the virtues of Thinking Customer, Being Exceptional and Succeeding Together.
• You will become a key member of the Strategic team, working closely with Programme
Sponsors and reporting to the Strategic Projects Director, you will ensure that our
programmes are effectively structured, planned and managed through strong governance
• You will help our Customers achieve the expected benefits of an interfaced solution
• This is a billable role, working closely with complex, often large, organisations who buy
combinations of products from across the Access suite
• Although based in the Strategic team, you will work with all areas of Access to ensure a
consistent message about the good programme governance is positioned. You will ensure
we are following the Access Workspace first directive
• Working hand-in-glove with your architect, you will be responsible for planning and
delivering all of the elements of an interfaced solution
• You will be responsible for the planning, co-ordination, status reporting, communication,
• You will be identifying and closing revenue increasing opportunities across the team and
the wider company – both in terms of services delivery and licence increase
• You will be part of a team that develops and evolves the ongoing Programme Delivery
methodologies and strategies, to ensure they are consistent with Access methodologies
and strategies while actively reducing risks, effort and increasing opportunity and efficiency
• The role will be primarily remote based, as you will be expected to meet with customers in
their environment at key points throughout the project
• Ownership of strategic projects to implement combinations of our solutions
• Supporting the Sales functions to define high quality implementations of a customer’s
• Developing and managing plans to deliver to the agreed time, cost and quality criteria
• Aligning with our methodologies, defining the projects governance and communications
• Leading client meetings to achieve our shared aims
• Proactive management of risks and issues
• Oversight of the consultants undertaking the work and quality assure their deliverables and
• Active management, and internal and external reporting of, the projects budget on behalf
of The Access Group
• Management of the internal planning process and coordination with Programme office to
• Support of the continued rollout of the group project management methodology and
implementation of appropriate controls to ensure their adherence and success
• Active contribution to continually developing our approach to implementing complex multi-
• The role will include frequent national travel that may include overnight stays. There may
be very occasional international travel.
• Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and take on ad-hoc duties
as reasonably required.
As a well-rounded Programme Manager your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Have worked for a software supplier and been in a Client-facing role
• Ideally have Project/Programme Management qualifications (PRINCE 2 practitioner
and/or Agile and/or Managing Successful Programmes and/or similar)
• Extensive experience in multiple project Management engagements
• Have a proven track-record of managing several large, high risk, high visibility, multi-
product projects concurrently on time and to budget
• Be comfortable managing and coordinating multiple internal, 3rd party and client
• Have natural ability for customer relationship building and influencing an experienced
team of consultants
• Have an element of technical experience/adeptness required for product
• Be highly proficient regarding project management methodologies and processes
• Have a sufficient level of technical ability and knowledge to be able to understand the
proposed solution and translate that into a ‘joined-up’ vision to the Client and the
• Can drive the solution through to completion, taking ownership of the vision and
seeing issues through to resolution
• Have a good understanding of business principles
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the
development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and
an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• An opportunity to enjoy The Access Group Big Break: on the years the Board sanction it, our
Access funded long weekend break to Spain.