At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
It is an excellent opportunity to accelerate your career through a progression IT Company with a proven record of growth, investment, and stability.
You will be responsible for managing the end-to-end delivery of multiple customer projects involving the Access People Division software products with a primary focus on delivering to public sector customers from within the Access Public Services team.
You will be expected to plan, co-ordinate and closely monitor your project portfolio for large public sector accounts and will also formulate plans for wider objectives for those clients beyond the contracted project ensuring alignment on future requirements in the medium to long term (12 months & beyond).
Strong stakeholder management is essential as you will need to develop and maintain ongoing relationships with senior stakeholders within the Public Sector customer accounts. You will be responsible for managing customer escalations and other ad-hoc customer engagements as required and will take pride in always delivering great customer service.
• Have ownership of large public sector strategic projects and will simultaneously coordinate the implementation of multiple complex projects across multiple customers
• Develop and manage project governance controls to monitor the progress against the agreed time, cost, and quality criteria
• Attend and chair Steering meetings and/or conference calls with customers and with internal stakeholders
• Think creatively and maximise the customer journey whilst delivering both a personal revenue target and helping to achieve team targets
• Be an excellent communicator with ability to communicate at all levels up to C-Suite and adopt a flexible & consultative approach as required.
• Provide forward looking project management utilising resources from across the business to best achieve the customer's desired outcomes
• Lead customers on their implementation project using industry know-how and product best practice delivering great customer satisfaction
• Lead delivery teams managing all escalations, ensuring that customer satisfaction remains high
• Have oversight of the project resources undertaking the work and quality assure their deliverables and documentation
• Manage the internal planning process and coordination with the Resource Co-Ordinator to align resources
• Support the continued rollout of the group project management methodology and implementation of appropriate controls to ensure their adherence and success
• Actively contribute to continually developing our approach to implementing complex multi-product environments
As a well-rounded Programme Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Previous experience managing large projects and programmes of work implementing an organisation’s software solutions & systems, potentially spanning 6 – 12 months +.
• Having worked for a software supplier in a delivery role and been in a customer-facing role.
• Ideally have Project/Programme Management qualifications (PRINCE 2 practitioner and/or Agile and/or Managing Successful Programmes or similar)
• Extensive experience in driving accountability and stakeholder management
• Have a proven track-record of managing several large, high risk, high visibility, multi-product Projects concurrently on time and to budget with a high NPS or C-Sat score as a result.
• Strong commercial awareness with ability to identify opportunities for cross sell or upsell that will happen organically as the programme progresses, leading to additional projects and Change Control opportunities
• Be comfortable managing and coordinating multiple internal, 3rd party and client Programme resources
• Have natural ability for customer relationship building and influencing an experienced team of consultants whilst driving overall projects through to successful completion
• Have an element of technical experience/adeptness required for product implementation
• Be highly proficient regarding project management methodologies and processes
• Have a sufficient level of technical ability and knowledge to be able to understand the proposed solution and translate that into a ‘joined-up’ vision to the Client and the Consulting team.
• Ability to work under pressure whilst managing competing priorities
• Providing pre-sales assistance where required to both the New Business and Account Management teams, via on site meetings, conference calls and example project documentation.
The role may include travel that may include overnight stays.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
A Competitive Salary
Giving Back/Charity days
6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain