- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 20 August 2021
- Job Ref: J4053
Senior Product Manager – Education/HR
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company. Are you ready for the challenge?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more. We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 2 million users and over 50,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
The Access Education Division comprises a number of market leading solutions for Finance, Budgets, and in particular our People solutions. Underpinned by Access Workspace technology, we are building a game-changing Education ecosystem and we want you to be part of this exciting journey.
You are an experienced Product Manager ideally with a HR background, who has a passion for product, and strategic vision of where your trendsetting products are heading. Playing a key role in our dynamic Product Development team with support from our group-wide product function and reporting directly to the Head of Product for Education, you will play a vital role in setting the strategic product direction, defining the product roadmap and delivering exciting and engaging solutions for our customers.
- Create and drive your roadmap from strategic direction, customer demand and technical advances.
- Deliver competitor insights and consumer trends analysis to establish and maintain our position as market leader.
- Evaluate and prioritise ideas and requests to ensure best value for Access and its customers.
- Communicate and evangelise your product and its roadmap both internally and externally.
- Work alongside the development teams to deliver new features and modules.
- Partner with your marketing team to conduct campaigns and customer forum events.
- Collaborate with other divisional Product Managers to advance the Education product portfolio.
- A proactive strategic visionary balanced with an eye for the tactical.
- Excellent communicator – clear, concise and understandable at all levels.
- Ability to think creatively and exploit opportunities.
- Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
- Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on own and within a team.
- A strong commercial grounding with a technical flair.
- Understanding of pricing and business cases.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain