- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 12 October 2022
- Job Ref: J7449
Senior Product Manager
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Access is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to join our dynamic Product Management team. Playing a key role in our dynamic Product Development team with support from our group-wide product function and reporting directly to the Head of Product for the Division, you will help set the strategic product direction and vision for your products.
You will be responsible for defining and driving the strategy for a group of products while supporting Product Managers in roadmap creation and execution to deliver compelling solutions for our customers. You will build products from existing ideas and develop new ideas based on your industry experience, research and constant external contact with customers, prospects and those shaping the sector. In addition, you will also ensure that the strategy is fulfilled with practical go-to-market planning and engagement.
- You are an experienced and very successful product leader with a proven pedigree in managing products in an agile product development environment
- You have experience across different technologies and platforms, with a strong understanding of both SaaS and hosted software solutions
- You are curious and an avid learner, passionate about innovation and solving customer pain points through technology
- You will have a can-do positive attitude to deliver and are comfortable working in a high tempo environment
- You are a team player who can support others and be able to take on support when offered, you will thrive on working in an agile environment and be ready and expectant of new, sometimes short notice challenges
- Manage a team of talented Product Managers and Business Analysts/Product Owners
- Define, evolve and drive the product line strategy and future vision alongside key senior stakeholders, contributing to the achievement of growth and client satisfaction targets
- Create and execute your product roadmaps from strategic direction, customer demand and technical advances, aligned with the company strategy and vision
- Use your understanding and appreciation of the market, customer problems and competitive landscape along with research and metrics to inform decisions
- Evaluate and prioritise ideas and requests to ensure best value for Access and its customers
- Communicate and evangelise your product line and its strategy internally and externally
- Work alongside product manager and development teams to deliver new features and modules
- Initiate and support engagement with clients through user groups, customer forums and other events
- Collaborate with other divisional Product Managers to advance the Legal product portfolio and to facilitate the overall product strategy, integration and cross sell
- Ensure successful market launch of new products, components and functionality
- Collaboration and influence at Senior Management level to achieve best results for division and department
- Defining and driving strategic roadmaps across multiple products
- Highly commercial with experience of managing multiple products and a sound understanding of product go-to-market (GTM)
- Excellent communicator; clear, concise and understandable at all levels, able to adopt a flexible & consultative approach
- Ability to think creatively, exploit opportunities and execute strategies to deliver in a changing business and market place
- Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly
- Excellent understanding of Product Management principles, and able to deliver complex projects across multiple workstreams to time, budget and quality
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on own and within a team
- Understanding of pricing, business cases, and the drivers of commercial performance in a business environment, working with stakeholders to support commercial success and maximise customer value
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent leadership, motivation and team development skills across multiple teams and locations - able to cross boundaries and collaboratively drive positive change at all levels
- Growth mind-set with a willingness to learn and adapt to new and better ways of doing things
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
- You are highly commercial in your decision making
- You have sound leadership, motivation and team development skills, able to manage a high performing team
- You are a strong influencer and able to build strong networks across customers, partners, and internal stakeholders
Day-to-day, you will:
As a well-rounded Senior Product Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously. We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
Become part of our amazing Access family!