- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 14 July 2022
- Job Ref: J5040
Senior PHP Developer
What are we all about?
- You are an enthusiastic, curious, imaginative developer with a passion for technology and looking to expand your career in a fast-paced dynamic company. You have a desire to be part of a constantly evolving high performing team responsible for the full development lifecycle of new products utilising latest agile best practises. You are seeking to be exposed to a wide variety of technology to help you grow and evolve your skillset. You thrive on consistency and helping others accomplish their goals.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensures development standards are established, known and followed within agile team
- Get involved in various tasks within the process including application development, testing and documentation. This will include extending the product to accommodate new requirements of varying size, bug fixing of previous development, integration with adjacent systems and provision of technical support and documentation to our implementation teams
- Actively participate in requirements analysis: highlight omissions and gaps; pro-actively contribute to discussions; and understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria
- Profiling and optimizing code. Identify the pieces that can be improved in he software to speed the loading.
- Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools
- Identify, compartmentalize, and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability
- Contribution towards effective source control, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches
- Ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate
As a well-rounded Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- An MVC framework (Symfony, Laravel or other)
- Refactoring skills
- Familiar with GIT
- Apache and Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of jQuery or other frameworks
- Fluency in English
- Attention to details
Nice to have:
- Frontend experience, HTML/CSS
- Experience JS framework like Angular, React or similar
- Familiar with microservices
- Previous code optimization, SQL queries optimization and code profiling experience.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Working full remote
- Competitive salary
- Great Holliday Package ( starting form 25 )
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus