Senior Full Stack Engineer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life, Be you’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are an enthusiastic, capable, and imaginative individual with a passion for technology and looking to expand your career in a fast-paced dynamic company. You have a desire be part of a constantly evolving high performing team and be responsible for the full development lifecycle of new product functionality utilising latest agile best practises. You are an excellent multi-tasker, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and proactively adjust plans according to business needs. You are seeking to be exposed to a wide variety of technology to help you grow and evolve your skillset.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Work within a small high performing team working on our People XD WFM product offering which specialise in a range of Time and attendance and rostering functionality.
• The technology you will work with includes Oracle SQL, PLSQL, Restful Webservices, Ext.js
• As a full stack engineer you will be expected to dive into both the UI code and the API code for simple tasks that do not require a large amount of back-end work.
• Work with product owners, UX designer, developers, and QA to solve problems faced by our customers every day.
• Be involved in every aspect of design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies.
• Help to ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate.
• Hone your problem-solving skills, by Analysing, identifying, and fixing root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
• Actively work in a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities.
• Enhance your skillset and knowledge by testing own work and that of others to ensure quality.
As a well-rounded Senior API developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• 4 years + experience developing in Oracle SQL.
• 4 years + experience in front end Java Script Frameworks.
• Experience with Oracle PLSQL is a plus.
• Experience with EXT.js is a plus.
• Experience with Restful webservices is a plus.
• Experience with performance tuning SQL is a plus.
• Limited Dev Ops Knowledge is a plus.
• Use of source controls systems, e.g. Git, Azure DevOps.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong troubleshooting skills, log analysis, etc.
• Self-starter who will get tasks going, and Drive to completion.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, including ability to multi-task across different projects, releases, and work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
· Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
· Work - life balance
· Hybrid/Remote working
· Competitive salary package
· Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
· Charity day - day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
· Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
· Referral Bonus
· Big Break - all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.