- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 04 December 2021
- Job Ref: J3203
Full Stack Senior Developer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
This position is for a C# ASP.NET Full stack Developer to be part of an existing team.
You will have accountability for ensuring our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions. You will also have a chance to mentor junior developers to help them grow.
You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given timelines and are comfortable in an Agile Scrum environment. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic company. You will be expected to mentor more junior members of the team, contribute to planning sessions and architect technical solutions as well as guide the technical evolution of products.
- Will be an accomplished Full Stack .NET developer building high quality software using HTML/JS/CSS that runs cross-browser on the client side, and predominantly using Microsoft middle-tier and backend technologies built on the .NET Framework and .NET Core.
- Will use modern techniques to build accessible, scalable and evolvable APIs that are robust and stand the test of time.
- Will take pride in your work and the work of your team, to ensure that we delight users with our software and make their lives easier every day.
- Will demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and plan Dev sprint/release activities, prioritising according to risk and changes in delivery schedule.
- Will display ownership, responsibility and good decision-making, and will be able to coach and co-ordinate team-mates to achieve project deliverables.
- Will have a good understanding of software industry development standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
- Will have the ability to manage and fully automate deployments or products and their dependencies across multiple physical and logical environments.
- Will have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Will have the ability and motivation to test your own work and that of others to ensure we maintain our high quality standards.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors, make risk-based recommendations and decisions.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
- Work in an Agile (Scrum) team, delivering high quality software focussed on delivering team results through your individual contribution.
- Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders on deliverables and approach.
- Contribute to the continuous development of processes and improvements.
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary.
- Be able to analyse, identify and fix root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
- Understand, identify and adhere to our preferred design patterns, coding standards and definition of done.
- Help ensure agreed agile delivery process and approach is followed, including estimation/planning, Scrum activities, release and project management.
- Champion a quality focussed approach including: good planning; branching, environment and codebase management; promoting/participating in early discovery of defects; code reviews; unit testing where appropriate; and collaboration with the QA team.
- Report to Development Lead and Head of Development on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
- Creation of technical documentation where required.
- Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded Senior Full Stack ASP.NET Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Technology & Tools:
- ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core
- Visual Studio 2019
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Relational database design, Query Optimisation, Indexing etc…
- T-SQL – Writing efficient SQL, Stored Procedures and Functions
- Automated Build (CI) and Deployments
- Teamcity/Jenkins/Azure DevOps
- Git-based Source Control
- Desirable Experience:
- CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, etc)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain