- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 26 August 2022
- Job Ref: J5403
Senior Front End Developer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Senior Front End Developer
We are looking for a Senior Front End developer to work within our Product Development team, initially focussing on development of Access’ central web component library.
This is a challenging role in an exciting fast paced company with lots of opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects.
In this role you will work directly with our UX and internal development team, distributed across the UK and European geographies, to help implement a consistent, unified user experience across our extensive & diverse portfolio of SaaS solutions on the Access Workspace platform.
Working as part of an ambitious team, you will have the opportunity to have a big impact on our SaaS solutions across the group, through building new web components and maintaining existing ones, and helping to drive the next version of our Experience Language and Component Library.
The ideal candidate will be working within a similar position currently and have sound, demonstrable commercial experience of working on SaaS products on mobile or desktop platforms or developing Style Guides and Design Systems.
- You are an accomplished Senior Front End developer building high quality software ideally using ReactJS.
- You have experience in developing and maintaining reusable web components, ideally using React
- You take pride in your work, ensuring that we delight users with our software and make their lives easier every day.
- You demonstrate the ability to prioritise your work, and help unblock others, in accordance with sprint goals.
- You display ownership, responsibility, and good decision-making.
- You have a strong understanding of software industry development standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
- You have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- You have the ability and motivation to test your own work and that of others to ensure we maintain our high-quality standards.
- You have direct experience working with delivery pipelines, contributing to a shared codebase.
- You have a great eye for detail and can easily convert designs into pixel perfect code. Knows the team standards and rules inside out. You’re able to suggest styling changes to fix and assist others and debug code
- You are able to apply generic programming best practices, e.g. SOLID design principles
- You are able to ensure quality of the written code through component-level unit tests
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work in an Agile (Scrum) team, delivering high quality software focussed on delivering team results through both your individual contribution, and assisting other team members.
- Actively contribute to refinement, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
- Contribute to the continuous development of processes and improvements.
- Identify and remove technical debt, providing good business justification for prioritisation.
- Analyse, identify and fix root cause of defects throughout the various layers of a platform.
- Understand, identify and adhere to design patterns, coding standards and Definition of Done.
- Create technical documentation where required.
- Take ownership of key technical components or areas of code.
- Contribute to quality through collaborating with other team members and support testing where required
- Undertake peer code review alongside other members of team, providing constructive feedback to other developers
As a well-rounded Front-end Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Technology & Tools:
- Visual Studio Code
- Browser DevTools
- Automated Build (CI) and Deployments
- Jenkins/Azure DevOps
- Git-based Source Control
- Desirable Experience:
- Custom Web Compilers such as StencilJS
- Accessibility requirements
- Experience of working on or with a design system / style guide
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family.