- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 06 March 2021
- Job Ref: J2940
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
We are one of the most successful and fastest growing software groups in the UK and are now investing heavily in the Asia Pacific region aiming to replicate our success.
About the positions:
We are building a DevOps engineering function in region for the Workspace Platform, which sits at the heart of the Access technology ecosystem. Usage of the platform is expected to grow rapidly, and we are transforming our DevOps capabilities to enable and accelerate that growth.
This position will be working alongside our APAC Development Squads and Operations Teams, moving current solutions into the Access technology ecosystem. Additionally, this position will be part of the global Dev Ops community building out best practice. Working outside of time zone on occasion will be required where communication with the UK or other regions is necessary.
You will be involved in technology choices and their implementation for our maturing CI/CD pipeline as well as helping to implement and improve monitoring.
You will have accountability for ensuring our solutions meet business requirements, align with technology and governance standards, and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
You will be a dynamic, enthusiastic engineer, with a passion for technology that drives you to produce high-quality solutions. You will have a working experience of cloud technologies, and migration from self-hosted to AWS o Azure. You will be self-motivated to complete assigned projects on time and provide documentation on any changes you implement.
You will work as part of a global team, accepting suggestions and contributions from those around you. You will have worked in and be comfortable with an agile environment, enjoying a fast-paced and collaborative atmosphere and be willing to work outside of time zone.
- Migration products from hosted to Azure / AWS
- Migrating Source Code from non-Git to Git
- Working knowledge of Git / Git Workflows
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Working knowledge of containerisation - Docker and Kubernetes or related tech
- Migrating CI/CD Pipelines to Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Octopus and Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of SQL/Azure databases and T-SQL
- Monitoring infrastructure (in Azure and private cloud) and applications (AppInsights, New Relic, Stackify, AppDynamics, Zabbix)
- Knowledge of DevOps best practice
- Good knowledge of infrastructure as a code and supporting Config Management tools – e.g. Chef / Puppet / Ansible / Terraform/ Cloud Formation
- Implementing Mobile Deployment Strategies (App Centre)
- Configuration and monitoring DNS, IIS Servers, Tomcat servers, Load Balancer, Firewall, FTP severs, Email servers for high volume traffic
- Good knowledge of Cloud security and preventative solutions
- Professional Certifications (AZ-204, AZ-400)
As a well-rounded Senior DevOps Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Problem solving
- Being creative and innovative
- A quick learning capability and ability to easily pick up new technical concepts
- A passion for software and technology
- A high standard of written and spoken English
- An open and collaborative working style
- Being committed to delivering and maintaining high standards
- Managing time efficiently and effectively
- Being pragmatic, competitive and driven
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits, you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Free gym access
- Parking rotation scheme
- Options for additional leave