Back to job search
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more. We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
We are the leading provider of hospitality software solutions in the UK for very good reason. We have developed Purchase to Pay technology which has revolutionised the hospitality procurement marketplace. Our solutions have been specifically tailored to address a control requirement within the hospitality industry with the clear objective of improving efficiency, increasing profitability and significantly streamlining processes. Our comprehensive suite of tools integrate with each other, providing you with a single touch point to control all your business costs in one easy to use system.
This Senior Developer role will join one of our development teams in our Hospitality Division. You will report through to the Development Manager, working closely with the team to ensure our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards to ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
• Collaborative, pragmatic and able to communicate with, advise and guide all stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, technical approach and strategic objectives.
• Demonstrates self-awareness and ability to adapt message according to audience to achieve positive results.
• Demonstrates pro-active participation in requirements analysis: highlights omissions and gaps; and understands the scope, risk and complexity of changes by constructively challenging and providing feedback.
• Writes clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple and easy to read. Stays up to date with latest technology.
• Proactively contributes to Technical Roadmap, demonstrating good understanding of technical, commercial and risk factors, and recommending priorities.
• Able to quickly find the root cause of a bug throughout layers of the application. Can extrapolate from found bugs and identify other areas that might contain similar problems.
• Actively promotes and shows ownership of Quality centred activities including: code reviews, collaboration with QA, good planning, early discovery of defects, functional testing by developer before handover to QA, optimal running of regression periods, pro-active risk management.
• Able to co-ordinate, plan and manage Dev sprint/release activities, prioritising according to risk and commercial factors.
• Takes responsibility for the entire project, able to identify risks early, understand overall project picture and makes decisions/recommendations according to these in order to achieve successful delivery of Dev activities/deliverables autonomously.
• Able to implement and manage efficient CI pipelines for highly available distributed systems using appropriate tooling and scripting that includes the compilation, optimisation, testing and configuration of the various deployed resources.
• Able to select or modify development toolchain and to define the deployment process. Understanding holistic solution, bidirectional dependencies, and able to manage dependencies project wide. Able to raise risk before development is started.
• Able to demonstrate the architecting and management of highly available and scalable environment automation and configuration.
• Able to design source control structure to reflect environments, ensure isolation and allow deployment of features without relying on line in the sand techniques.
• Aware of the common design patterns in the technology they use and select the best patterns for the job in hand.
• Organises methods and classes appropriately and demonstrates awareness of common security anti-patterns.
• Ability to denormalise data for performance as well as advance techniques whilst considering and maintaining database integrity.
• Aware of evolution in various technologies they work in and understand how newer version of a technology can help them develop better software
• Can positively share product knowledge and champion development being undertaken
Day-to-day, you will:
• Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensures development standards are established, known and followed within agile team
• Actively participate in requirements analysis: highlight omissions and gaps; pro-actively contribute to discussions; and understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria
• Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools
• Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability
• Implementation and/or management of CI Pipelines, build tooling, and environments and management/execution of Production releases
• Management of/contribution towards effective source control, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches
• Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy
• Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
• Champion a quality focussed approach including: good planning; branch strategy; promoting/participating in early discovery of defects; code reviews; unit testing where appropriate; and collaboration with the QA team
• Ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate
With experience as a well-rounded Senior Developer, your Skills and Experiences will likely include:
• C# and .NET Framework 4.8
• Microsoft ASP.NET Web Forms
• Microsoft ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI
• HTML, CSS – including Less
• Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Profiling
• Software Design patterns
• Git version control
• Experience developing performant, scalable SaaS web-based systems
• Understanding agile software development principles and practices
• Understanding technical issues and considerations and provide constructive feedback to the development team and other stakeholders
• Excellent documentation skills, attention to detail and an ability to communicate detailed technical issues to stakeholders and to the internal business/project team
• Experience using JIRA or similar software packages for managing work
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to make you successful. We will help you carve out your career path. You will enjoy lots of training both in the UK and in Romania to accelerate your career. In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to grow, you will enjoy a fun environment on top of our standard benefits.
Register your CV with us today for our future hires, please note this isn't a live vacancy.
about 1 month ago