- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 09 December 2022
- Job Ref: J7902
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so
What are we all about?
software to help their organisation thrive.
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies
- Write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple and easy to read
- Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk and complexity of changes
- Analyse, identify and fix root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary
- Environment management, management and automation of deployments, understanding and administering of development toolchain
- Support the team's sprint deliverables, through proactive contribution to planning, ownership of tasks, identification of dependencies and basic risk management
- Actively promote a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
- Helps to ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate
As a well-rounded Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Able to communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approach, demonstrating the ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience. Able to communicate and collaborate with other teams.
- Can provide comprehensive requirements feedback, highlighting omissions, gaps and potential areas of confusion
- Writes clear & self-documenting code, organises methods and classes appropriately. Able to refactor existing code to improve readability. Good understanding of technical and commercial drivers when making decisions on refactoring.
- Able to follow pre-defined source control procedure, committing and merging code, dealing with conflicts. Able to perform some non-standard procedures in terms of source control
- Ability to efficiently prove the source of defects and demonstrate unit tests and integration testing for eventual pathways following the proposed fix. Can use existing telemetry to identify bugs in running application.
- Good working knowledge of build and deployment steps of their core product. Able to troubleshoot a broken build / deployment, provide a post-mortem and suggest improvements going forward. Understanding holistic solution, bidirectional dependencies, and able to raise project related risks during development.
- Plays an active role in sprint planning and management. Makes recommendations in planning in terms of capacity, priorities, risks or blockers. Helps drive the planning process, ensuring that everything can be 'done' within a sprint, according to the team's Definition of Done.
- Good understanding of QA best practice, including impact of branch/merge approach on QA, role of source code management & environment/deployment management, requirements analysis and cost of defects. Collaborative approach with QA to find defects as early as possible.
- Able to contribute to the setting up of the development environment (provisioning, reflection of production, understanding of Use Cases for environments). Has good knowledge of the systems and how the different services interact and their dependencies. Understands how production & environments work, how systems are administered.
- Aware of trending design patterns in the technologies they work in, able to select the best design pattern for the job in hand and articulate to others why this has been chosen.
- Ability to denormalise data for performance and use advanced techniques whilst considering and maintaining database integrity.
- Demonstrates good product knowledge and understands the value of any development
- Development and deployment of Enterprise SaaS solutions.
- Experience using a range of languages and technologies including C#, Xamarin, ASP.NET,
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
• Working full remote
• Competitive salary
• Great Holliday Package ( starting form 25 )
• Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
• 7 Card Sport Allowance