- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 06 April 2023
- Job Ref: J8738
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be part of an Operations team tasked with the day to day running and management of internal and Cloud based environments, as well as an integral part of ongoing project work.
You will share responsibility for ensuring the ongoing health and availability of all systems across the division.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Co-develop cloud infrastructure-as-code with fellow team members on the AWS platform via Terraform.
- Assist with deployment and data pipeline creation and management (CI/CD).
- Assist and comply with change management practices for cloud environments.
- Security and compliance related audit activities as requested/required by management.
- Be a point of escalation from various business units in support of internal systems and cloud environments.
- Assist in building, maintaining and pro-actively monitoring all production environments.
- Respond to critical incidents and assist in preventative problem solving.
- Designing technology-based solutions in conjunction the Product and Development teams, with a key focus on leveraging AWS services.
- Ownership of backups and participation in DR test and planning activities.
- BAU infrastructure issue resolution and remediation.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- 2-4 years of experience in an AWS Cloud environment in a DevOps of Cloud Engineer capacity.
- Previous code/scripting experience, ideally in PowerShell and Python.
- A flexible team player and able to work autonomously.
- Experience in building and maintaining secure AWS Cloud Environments.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts.
- Powershell/bash scripting.
- Infrastructure as Code, Terraform and/or CloudFormation scripting.
- Experience in monitoring and observability tools such as Datadog and NewRelic.
- Advantageous to have been involved in ISO27001 audits and principles.
- Webserver administration (IIS, Apache and Nginx).
- AWS certification highly regarded.
- Atlassian stack knowledge.
- Previous support in a Microsoft .Net development environment.
- Ability to demonstrate prior coding or scripting activity/proficiency.
- A flair for “automate-first” thinking.
- Windows and Linux server administration skills.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.