- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 16 February 2024
- Job Ref: J11035
Senior Data Engineer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 75,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the position:
This role reports into our Head of Business Intelligence within the Engineering Enablement BI team, part of the Products and Engineering Function. As part of a squad of data engineers and BI developers, you will have the opportunity to lead and work on a variety of projects which are strategically designed to continuously improve, change, and accelerate the way we do things across our 150+ Engineering teams allowing us to scale and be a world class Engineering Function.
You will be responsible for driving and implementing a variety of initiatives that span across all our Divisions at Access. You will be utilising your strong technical skills and several other skills outside of coding to achieve this. Your week will be varied and could range from designing data models and ETL/ELT pipelines, identifying best tools, running systems feasibility studies, leading best practice discussions with engineering teams and assisting teams to adopt them, to documenting guidance and providing learning and coaching on implementation of new initiatives. You are comfortable with an agile environment, enjoying a fast-paced and collaborative atmosphere, demonstrating the ability to co-ordinate and plan your work, help unblock others, and prioritise in a scrum team environment.
· Use your excellent data engineering experience to provide high-quality, robust datasets to underpin Engineering Operations across the business.
· Lead and implement various Engineering reporting requirements such as Executive Product and Engineering Scorecard metrics, Engineering Squad facing metrics such as DORA, security and quality industry benchmarks.
· Building and manage automation to ensure consistency and accurate timely management information for our Divisional Management Teams, Senior Executives including our ATG Board
· Accountable for the improvement of our Engineering Operations processes and report on progress and areas of risk, security and quality.
· Proactively engage with multiple engineering teams to understand areas of excellence and where processes can be improved, apply knowledge share to assist these teams acceleration to adopt our Access Engineering ways of working – encouraging self-improvement for teams.
· Working with other Engineering Operations members of the team to help develop collateral for guidance and approaches, including tailored training sessions to upskill team members and new starters.
· Sharing your knowledge and experience with others through hands on coaching, mentoring and training of engineering teams to support the implementation of our initiatives, including our Graduate Academy programme and associated Assessment Centres.
Skills and Experience
· Strong SQL and Python skills (especially PySpark)
· Experience with cloud engineering platforms that utilise Spark (preferably Databricks) and the Lakehouse concept
· Experience of leveraging different types of APIs for data ingestion
· Pipeline Orchestration (e.g. workflows/jobs or the equivalent such as Airflow)
· DevOps/Version Control for pipelines and understanding of CI/CD
· Knowledge of Delta Lake and modern data lake architecture
· End-to-end pipeline design and implementation
· Data Modelling (preferably Kimball), ideally with experience of Power BI data modelling within the data lake
· Experience of implementing thorough test processes to produce high-quality deliverables
· Comfortable working within virtual environments
· Working experience of work and issue tracking tools such as Azure Devops/Jira.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
· Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
· Work - life balance
· Hybrid/Remote working
· Flexible working hours
· Competitive salary package
· Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
· Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
· Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
· Sport Allowance
· Meal tickets
· Referral Bonus
· Christmas Bonus
· Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
· Other benefits
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.