- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 09 July 2022
- Job Ref: J6155
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
We are one of the most successful and fastest growing software groups in the UK and are now investing heavily in the Asia Pacific region aiming to replicate our success.
You are an experienced Business Analyst/Product Owner ideally with a payroll or HR background, who has a passion for product, a well-rounded knowledge of agile developments and an ability to communicate requirements and make decisions. Playing a key role in our dynamic Product Development team with support from our group-wide product function and Product Managers, you will play a vital role in executing the strategic product roadmap and delivering exciting and engaging solutions for our customers.
The Business Analyst fulfils the Product Owner role within an Agile Development Team, focusing on how best to execute the roadmap defined by the Product Manager as well as delivering customer change requests.
You will act as the representative of the Product Manager and, with sufficient understanding of the market, also the customer and business to make sound, informed decisions.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Be the representative within the Agile Development Team for the Product Manager.
- ather the requirements from the Product Manager and other Stakeholders and own their conversion into stories and supporting documents.
- Fulfilling the Agile Product Owner role:
- Clearly identify and describe product backlog items building a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the development team.
- Make decisions regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output.
- Determine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered.
- Assess and triage reported bugs and support cases and assist with their resolution.
- Represent the Product team in the quality assurance process by confirming that enhancements are delivered as intended.
- Working collaboratively with other development teams and stakeholders to ensure that dependencies are managed, and issues and risks are communicated.
- Co-ordinate the completion of Project status reporting and ensuring all timesheets for the team are completed.
- Contribute to product launch and Go to Market collateral.
- Developing and maintaining a sound understanding of customers’ business processes and requirements, becoming an expert in these areas.
As a well-rounded Business Analyst, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and be able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval.
- Proactive and goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus.
- Identify issues early and prioritise appropriately.
- Have a strong commitment to quality.
- Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
- Attention to detail and consistent application of standards.
- A flair for design and UI/UX.
- Ability to take on the user perspective and to reflect this within the stories.
- Ability to interpret a high-level specification into user stories.
- Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices.
- Well organised and self-motivated.
- Experience in JIRA.
- Knowledge of Payroll or HR would be an advantage.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials