- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 30 September 2021
- Job Ref: J4264
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are high energy and commercially focused individual who is committed to making a difference and driving improved outcomes. Ideally with an auditing and accounting back ground within the big 4 you will have a couple of years in a commercial role.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for:
- Timely and accurate posting of general ledger journal entries, period close activities, fixed asset accounting, intercompany, production of financial reports, local and federal returns processing, master data maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage external audit, including preparation of documents, and liaising with Auditors on all audits.
- Prepare Annual Statutory accounts in alignment with Australian Accounting Standards
- Assist in preparation of accounting policies
- Plan and prioritise own workload and ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Being involved in learning and development activities, including setting a personal development plan.
- Adopt the service culture and customer service orientation in the team.
- Work with other teams in finance and the business to resolve issues.
- Input to continuous improvement initiatives with the team.
- Operate within Access internal compliance guidance.
- Ensure that all regulatory compliance including accounting standards and tax legislation are adhered to. Active participation in process improvement projects as per the Access continuous improvement culture.
- Contribution to the reporting, understanding and action plans around team KPIs and process controls as per Service Management Framework.
Skills and Experience:
- Australian recognised accounting professional qualification (CPA, CA).
- Worked in a big four firm as an auditor for minimum of 4 years, reaching manager status.
- Minimum 7 plus year’s local experience in a similar role.
- Operational accounting and reporting experience, preferably in a technology environment
- Experience in a service oriented culture including working within SLAs.
- Experience in working in a changing environment.
- High level of knowledge in all areas of accounting.
- High degree of organisational, interpersonal and written skills.
- Proven track record in the use of computerised accounting software.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Professional, positive and proactive approach in work ethic.
- High flexibility, drive and initiative.
- Support and maintain skills and knowledge of self and others within team.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.