Senior Account Manager
- Location: London
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 15 days ago
- Sector: Sales
- Expiry Date: 06 April 2023
- Job Ref: J8630
Senior Account Manager EMEA
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life, Be you’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
To ensure our largest and most important key accounts receive excellent customer service, facilitate their growth in Fathom usage, and minimise any churn or cancellations.
● Maintain a portfolio of around 100 of our largest and most important key accounts (mainly large accountant channel customers), servicing them all efficiently and professionally in line with the below points.
● Act as the key point of contact for each account in your portfolio, responding promptly to any questions, queries or concerns they may have in an appropriate manner.
● Meet with each customer in the portfolio who is willing to do so (on Zoom, telephone or in person) once per quarter on average.
● Meet with those customers who require more assistance or more regular calls at a cadence which best facilitates their growth and satisfaction as an account. In general this should not regularly exceed a monthly call.
● For those customers who are resistant to meet, keep in regular contact with them via email if possible, with the aim of eventually speaking to them on a call or meeting.
● Through your calls and emails, provide the required support to customers to enable their growth, increase their Fathom usage, and reduce their churn rate.
● Provide training sessions and demos to our customers, helping them understand how to use Fathom, and educating them on the best ways to leverage the functionality available.
● Provide advanced advice on implementation and strategy with regards to rolling out Fathom as part of an advisory service.
● Be an advanced product expert.
● Understand the accounting industry well. This includes the landscape of the industry as a whole (macro) as well as how practices of various sizes operate (micro).
● Anonymously share best practices noticed from other customers using Fathom successfully, which might help the customer improve their offering and their use of Fathom.
● Regularly identify larger opportunities that may arise (other offices, partnership opportunities, strategic collaboration, white labelling, etc) and take action to try to pursue them.
● Be aware of any communicated or otherwise identified risks of cancellation, the reasons they exist, and act appropriately to try to mitigate the risk.
● Monitor Tableau and other data sources to identify risks of churn or downgrade and act appropriately to mitigate the risk.
● For accounts that do cancel, follow up with them professionally and appropriately, looking to understand the reason for the cancellation and whether there’s anything we can do to win the customer back.
● Maintain contact with lost customers in a scalable and efficient manner, with the aim of one day winning them back.
● To the best of your ability, aim to meet quarterly targets for expansion revenue, retention, and any other KPI targets agreed.
● Maintain and update all the information specified in the AM playbook within the CRM. This should be done in a timely manner so that information is up to date and reliable when it needs to be referred to.
● Complete the AM recurring controls for your accounts within 48 working hours of the date they arise, and address and reviewer comments within 48 working hours of them being left.
● Keep the Proactive AM playbook up to date for any tweaks to our way of working.
● Review recurring check controls of more junior account managers.
● Act as first escalation point for more junior account managers.
● Feed back any product requests or requirements heard from customers to the product team.
● Report any bugs noticed by customers to the developers.
Outside of core role
● Regularly generate tactical and strategic ideas for discussion, with the aim of continually improving and evolving our ways of working.
● Be confident with numbers, tables and charts:
○ Internal purposes: ability to identify trends in our results, spot opportunities and issues.
○ External purposes: ability to understand the data our clients are working with and configuring in Fathom.
● Occasionally present external webinars.
● At times, you may be required to assist with our support function (Intercom) in case of very specific queries, or your managed accounts asking something that is best addressed by you.
● Report any bugs noticed by you to the developers.
● Assist and represent Fathom at industry events. This involves talking to prospects about what Fathom is and does, how it may help them, and taking any necessary follow-up actions to progress them through the pipeline.
● Take part in local or global projects when reasonable and appropriate for you to do so. This is likely to be as a project leader
● Support our marketing function by seeking out useful customer stories, and feeding back any relevant insights.
● On a day-to-day basis reflecting Fathom’s values by going above and beyond for our customers.
● A task should be assigned in the CRM for all customers at all times
● Emails from customers should be responded to within 24 business hours
● Customer deliverables should be completed within the timeframe agreed with the customer. Where no timeframe has been explicitly agreed, 48 working hours is appropriate for tasks taking under 30 mins, and a working week for anything requiring more time.
● Call notes should be logged in the CRM within 48 working hours of the call.
● Productboards from customer calls should be logged in the system within 48 working hours of their being raised.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you will get:
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.