- Sector: Hosting & Infrastructure
- Expiry Date: 11 October 2023
- Job Ref: J10067
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
We are looking for a talented Security Specialist to join our Managed Services team to take the lead on securing our customers. Working with our own engineering and support functions, and in conjunction with our technology partners, you will ensure we have a defined and maintained security posture and that the necessary operational and assurance controls are in place.
You will also play a pivotal in driving our customer security proposition forward. Leveraging your insights of the industry, experience within the cyber landscape, and expert knowledge of the products and solutions we use, you will help define and deliver new capabilities to keep our customers secure.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Configure and manage security tools and technologies, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and antivirus software for the business.
- Ensure monitoring and detection of security incidents is in place, and support operational teams with rapid response and resolution.
- Develop and implement security policies, procedures, and guidelines along with a structured assurance approach to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Conduct regular security assessments, vulnerability scans, and penetration testing to identify and mitigate potential risks.
- Identify, shape and deliver new security capabilities for customers and contribute to new product / market opportunities for the customer.
- Maintain an operating oversight of cyber posture across the customer base and demonstrate progress against key risks and priorities.
- Collaborate with customers on all things security, proactively delivering advice to clients and recommendation for enhancements.
- Assist in the development and execution of security awareness training for clients and internal teams.
- Stay updated on the latest cybersecurity threats, trends, and technologies, and make recommendations for improvements accordingly.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate security measures into the entire managed services lifecycle and aligned to Access Group standards.
- Participate in incident response planning and execution, ensuring a coordinated and effective response to security breaches.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- Proven experience in security operations, incident response, and vulnerability management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capacity to assess and address complex security challenges.
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, firewall management, and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Proficiency in security tools and technologies such as SIEM platforms, endpoint protection, and encryption methods.
- Familiarity with cloud security principles and practices, especially in Azure, AWS or similar environments.
- Effective communication skills to articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team, adapting to changing priorities and demands.
- Ideally you will have customer facing experience within a Managed Services environment with frequent customer interaction both remotely and occasionally on site.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.