- Sector: Sales
- Expiry Date: 09 October 2021
- Job Ref: J4221
Sales Development Team Leader, Loughborough
Reporting to: Sales Development Team Manager
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Overview of the Role
This role focuses on delivering positive results as a player coach for the outbound sales development team across Access UKs group of companies. Partner with teams across sales and marketing to achieve results and drive continuous improvement in performance and processes through the management of the inbound demand model. Collaborate with Sales and Marketing leaders to ensure team activities align with business goals and objectives.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to guide your team as well as be hands on to create and execute prospecting and demand generation plans, extract customer needs and demonstrate product benefits, provide quotations and help drive opportunities for sales. You will work with the Sales and Marketing leadership to determine your sales development plan against sales targets coming from a mix of sources including self-generation activities, marketing generated leads and current company accounts representing cross-sell opportunities.
You will be expected to work during normal office hours but also be flexible according to the demands of the role. Your rewards will be a basic salary plus a commission based on personal quota performance and/or team SQL performance.
As a successful Sales Development Team Leader, your primary responsibilities will include (though will not be limited to):
- Lead a team of Sales Development Representatives spanning across 2 Divisions at Access Technology Group, mostly based out of the Access Loughborough Office.
- Coach the team through mentorship and modelling of positive behaviours to achieve sales qualified leads. Maintain the highest standards of personal delivery to lead and coach by example and to provide cover as required.
- Build team culture - keep the team engaged, informed, and motivated; foster a competitive and collaborative team environment.
- Maintain diligent focus on driving desired individual and team outcomes such as qualified lead generation, conversion rates, SDR productivity, meetings and contribution to pipeline and bookings.
- Partner with sales teams to ensure SDR-generated leads meet their expectations and that handoffs maintain a positive customer experience; provide closed-loop reporting to sales leadership on SDR and sales team partnership.
- Ensure leads and opportunities are being received and pursued in an appropriate way and that feedback is used to refine/improve processes and train and coach individual reps
- Oversee delivery of inbound sales leads to ensure the follow up is dealt with in a timely manner alongside great customer service.
- Develop prospecting outbound strategies for our team in line with Sales Reps and business needs with available resources
- To ensure the Sales Development team follows up marketing activity and to actively encourage attendance at Access run events and/or webinars or to arrange demos and to proactively follow up marketing activity to the Access customer base to actively encourage attendance at solution’s specific webinar/events.
- Work closely with marketing and sales teams to provide weekly closed-loop reporting against all inbound and outbound efforts
- Ensure your team adheres to correct usage and adoption of Salesforce CRM for reporting & forecasting purposes.
- To work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- You have the ambition and drive to achieve and overachieve on sales targets by building good relationships with the prospects and nurturing every opportunity.
- You have a passion for leading from the front to drive team performance & work with the team to make Access better every day.
- You love coming up with new ideas to make the Sales Development (& surrounding) team more efficient & higher performing.
- You’re looking to build on your current skill-set & develop within your role to form a long lasting career at Access.
- You will have a full driving license and be in commuting distance to Loughborough.
As a well-rounded sales professional, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Experience using Salesforce CRM, Microsoft Excel & LinkedIn.
- Experience managing a team of Sales Development/Inside Sales Reps, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Proven track record of exceeding both personal & team quotas.
- A motivated self-starter who consistently demonstrates an enthusiastic, never give up attitude
- An ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of business processes and practices - & an ability to constantly challenge the status quo and propose improvements where necessary.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to build rapport at all levels of an organisation
- Have good administration skills: you will be responsible for owning the SLAs that support the Leads Process
- A passion for technology & business management software.
- Experience using reports & tools to maximise team performance.
Key Metrics/Performance Indicators
- Achieve monthly Sales Qualified Lead Targets.
- Achieve weekly/monthly meetings, opportunity and pipeline targets
- Meet quality standards through the achievement of SLAs and conversion rates
- These may include (but are not limited to)
- Lead to Opportunity Rate
- Sales Activities by rep per day.
- Meetings booked and attended
- No. of Opportunities
- Value of Opportunities
- Volume of Pre-pipeline built
- These may include (but are not limited to)
- Achieve a marketing sourced revenue target from deals closed
- Team Engagement scores based on employee satisfaction surveys.
We reserve the right to amend and vary these duties in line with business requirements.
If you are interested to learn more and join one of the fastest-growing UK (and now in ANZ) software companies, apply today!