- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 31 October 2021
- Job Ref: J3563
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organizations rely on Access software to help their organization thrive.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join us on a full-time basis.
This role would be ideally suited to someone who likes working with Ruby on Rails and is keen to work as part of a global team on a range of different projects.
You'll work closely with a variety of people in the business to arrive at the best solution.
This position offers opportunities to learn new skills and further develop your existing skill set. Including, if desired, a chance to work with other technologies and programming languages such as Typescript, Go, microservices, and serverless applications.
You are a skilled and enthusiastic Ruby on Rails Developer, who wants to work as part of a development team working on a variety of products and technologies using a range of frameworks, modern techniques, patterns, and practises.
You take pride in your work and enjoy working as part of team, delivering quality software that will make a difference to our customers.
You have the desire to lead a team of engineers to build user experiences that never cease to amaze your users!
You want an opportunity to improve your skills and support others in the same, continually training and growing as an engineer. Continual training, upskilling, and growth are as important as prior experience.
- On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be involved with the following:
- Write elegant, efficient, and tested code that is easy to maintain and debug
- Develop new components and web applications
- Debug, troubleshoot & maintain existing web applications and strive to make them better
- Identifying performance issues and bugs, and providing solutions to these problems
- Participating in code reviews and sprint ceremonies
- Support and mentor junior team members in their duties and training
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
- Work in an Agile (Scrum) team, delivering high quality software focussed on delivering team results through your individual contribution.
- Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
- Champion a quality focused approach including: good planning; branching, environment and codebase management; promoting/participating in early discovery of defects; code reviews; unit, component, and integration testing practices;
- Ideally, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- 3yrs+ Ruby on Rails development experience
- Experience writing unit and integration tests, experience with TDD and BDD
- Experience with SQL (Preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Comfortable working on existing codebases
- Comfortable working across multiple projects and able to switch between them as required
- Comfortable working with cloud hosted infrastructure in a devops environment
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure is a plus
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Working full remote
- Competitive salary
- Great Holliday Package ( starting form 25 )
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus