- Sector: Sales
- Expiry Date: 21 October 2021
- Job Ref: J4148
Revenue Operations – Data & Analytics Engineer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
The Data & Analytics engineer will be primarily involved in the design and implementation of our new state of the art Azure Data Lakehouse.
This role will include the following:
Building scalable data integration (ELT/ETL) pipelines using SQL, Python and Spark and Databricks, contributing directly to our growing cloud-based data architecture.
Collaborate with technology teams to integrate source systems with the Data Lake.
Adhere to industry best practice for CI/CD and testing while helping to evolve the working procedures to build a best-in-class Azure lake-house architecture to support scalable business operations, data analytics and AI/ML.
Build and develop new tools to improve usability and accessibility of the architecture, including things like metadata engines & data catalogues, automated data tracking & actions.
Develop and maintain data models for applications, metadata tables, views, or related database structures.
Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements.
Able to mentor other members of staff ranging from business users to data scientists on best practices in data engineering.
This individual would be working within the newly formed Revenue Technology and Data team, as a cornerstone employee, providing insights on many areas of the business, by helping us to utilise our data more efficiently.
They would be working hand in hand with 3 team members including one future member, with extensive knowledge of multiple fields and tools. Current team skills include Salesforce Analysis/Alteryx/Power BI and Tableau/ SQL Server.
They will also be working in tandem to other data centric teams with knowledge in everything from Databricks to Phyton to Alteryx.
- Manage Data Extracts to the business requirements and specification provided, challenge request and look to provide added value.
- Convert business rules and use cases into the Extract Transform and Load layer to process and merge data across the different data sources.
- Visualise data in easy-to-understand manner and navigation way to enable self-serve functionality for marketing users.
- Match external data to internal systems, where matches are found validate and load. Provide reporting to show match and rejection rates with the reason why where not loaded.
- Daily Quality Control of automated process and reports, trouble shoot if there are issues and escalate accordingly.
- Normalise data from various sources to support the development of Access Contract and Billing system.
- First line response to stakeholders’ data and reporting questions or concerns, log resolve or escalate. Build up a library of FAQ’s for these scenarios.
- Build a data driven culture whilst following and encouraging a best practice approach to data analysis.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based data architectures with structured and unstructured data sources, preferably utilizing Azure services and storage.
- Experience migrating data at scale from existing data warehouses to cloud-based architectures.
- Experience in Agile principles and Agile way of working.
- Experience with DevOps/Git/source control + collaborative coding practices.
- Experience with Databricks.
- Developing and maintaining data pipelines.
- Experience in Azure Cloud technologies is preferred.
- Experience in designing data solutions including Data Quality, Catalogue, Lineage, Reconciliation, Error Handling.
- Experience with one of the following languages e.g. Spark, Python & Scala
- Experience in designing data solutions involving structured, unstructured, and streaming data sources.
- Highly desirable: Experience with Databricks.
- Knowledge of database models, SQL query, and data analysis.
- Knowledge of integration with front end applications (Vue JS, API’s like Django)
- Experience building GDPR & compliance ready data architectures from the ground up.
- Good working knowledge of security tooling from one of the following: Microsoft Azure, AWS or GCP
- Strong problem solving and excellent communication skills, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
- Expertise in database development projects and ETL processes
- In-depth understanding of data management (e. g. permissions, security, and monitoring).
- Familiarity with BI tools like Power BI/Qlikview/Tableau.
- Familiarity of Salesforce Streaming Experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Proven experience with data wrangling, Targeting and Segmentation, building visualisation of data and implementing high value-add solutions
- Performing data analysis and reporting activities in a volatile and fast paced environment
Desired but not necessary certifications.
- Exam DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution
- Exam DP-200: Implementing an Azure Data Solution
- Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Spark 2.4/3.0
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.