- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 28 October 2021
- Job Ref: J4499
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the role:
The Release Manager will be accountable for alignment of the Product engineering release cycles with a Product Roadmap, planning and management of the product Releases, and coordination of agile feature delivery teams to meet the release plan. The Release Manager needs to have extensive experience in managing release cycles with Agile development teams. This manager must have hands on experience in resolving the complexities that arise with risks, issues and dependencies which occur in the shaping and delivery of software using Agile ways of working. The individual needs to be versatile, demonstrate delivery leadership qualities and have a passion for coordinating change across the full Software Deliver Lifecycle to ensure timely Product Roadmap delivery and continuous improvement.
Proven experience in managing complex technical delivery from independent product teams (internal or external) into quality software production releases is essential in this role.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Integrate multiple product delivery sprints (internal and external) into specified Release, managing overall critical path, dependencies change and delivery into production
- Design and develop reporting for stakeholders. Chair and facilitate delivery forums and status meetings for the individual Releases.
- Manage multiple streams of work, provide advice for a variety of diverse project tasks
- Facilitate and run Scrum of Scrum meetings and maintain portfolio reporting
- Work with agile teams within their product domain to prioritise and schedule changes. Actively manage and shift priorities as required including back-out and recovery plans, code environments and code dependencies, implementation logistics.
- Provide and drive recommended solutions and help teams with implementation. Promptly resolve blockers and escalate as appropriate.
- Be the key contact and escalation point for releases from the various product teams and management
- Participate in the Agile process for Feature / Epic / Story estimation, prioritization & delivery
- Production Hypercare support for the Release, collaborating and pro-actively managing Production incidents related to Release and coordinating this with Customer Service.
- Proactively manage risk, meeting all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to process and procedures pertinent to role; and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified.
- Manage the Release risk and issues register.
- Manage post implementation reviews (PIR’s) and Retrospectives
- Be proactive in driving design and implementation of best practice.
- Coaching & mentoring of other Team members on continuous improvement
- Lead and motivate Teams in the delivery of reliable release management
- Develop/contribute to change management protocols and quality assurance procedures
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years in technology delivery and release management
- 3+ years in application development and / or support roles
- Tertiary educations in Business, Computer Science or other relevant field
- Experience in delivering software products and services
- Software delivery skills such as CI/CD, Automated Deployments, Automated Testing, Build Servers, Software / Source Code Configuration Management.
- Cloud accreditations (AWS, Azure) are highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with software languages and DevOps automation tooling
- Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Strong commitment to quality and auditability
- Collaborative team player
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Able to mentor, encourage and inspire
- Able to navigate a complex organisation, build relationships with senior stakeholders
- Strong communication and influencing skills to effectively liaise with management, technical, product and business staff.
- Ability to work with competing priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to maintain composure and focus under pressure.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.