- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 11 December 2022
- Job Ref: J7424
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
As Release & Deployment Engineer you will be part of a first-class customer-facing service team delivering expert support and deployment solutions. The role will involve the investigation of challenging issues raised during customer user acceptance testing across our market leading product set as well as deploying software releases and changes to customer environments, with a strong emphasis on customer service. You will have the opportunity to learn our various products and contribute to our continual service improvements by building strong relationships across our business and customer base and making suggestions through experience.
- Taking ownership of test incidents and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
- Able to prove problem solving techniques for end-to-end resolution on technical issues.
- Ensuring all faults are progressed and cleared within the timeframe of a release window.
- Work with the Release & Deployment lead to plan and implement upgrades. Including responsibilities of deployment plans.
- Database management
- Installation and administration of servers
- Deploying software releases and configuration changes to customer systems.
- Liaising with customers, supplying support during upgrade windows.
- Superb written and verbal communication and influencing skills with the ability to build and keep strong relationships with customers.
- We use a variety of technologies for both web-based technologies and server-side applications, so exposure to some of these would be beneficial :
- MS Windows or Linux (Redhat)
- IIS (Internet Information Services) , Weblogic, Apache
- Experience of deploying server certificates.
- Powershell, Bash Shell, Java script
- SQL Server and Oracle.
- Have experience in deploying software and configuring to meet a customer need.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Owning, tracking and resolving incidents and service requests.
- A genuine desire to deliver high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, prioritise and escalate accordingly
- Good time management and administrative skills
What does Access offer you?
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain