- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 28 October 2021
- Job Ref: J4498
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the role:
Accountable for development and implementation of Quality Engineering Strategy, Practices and Performance across all Access Group Products within Engineering APAC to modernise and improve the quality of software and standardise the engineering capabilities & practices. Accountable for ensuring that product quality engineering activities are completed within the scheduled time frame and for preventing defect leakage to production environment.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Develop and implement organisation’s quality engineering and management strategy (QMP) and success criteria to measure outcome of the software build quality
- Ensure quality engineering strategy is aligned with organisation’s overall technology business development strategy
- Develop and implement quality engineering processes and frameworks for activities related to defect tracking/management, environment management, test data management etc.
- Define KPIs related to quality engineering activities and monitor strict adherence of SLAs
- Setup overall workforce plan for quality engineering practice, staff career development and training plan, performance criteria
- Review and manage resource contracts and agreements for external hired staff on periodic basis
- Prepare yearly funding requirements for quality engineering practice and actively manage the spend on activities over the reporting periods
- Establish and run the Community of Practice for Quality Engineering in APAC.
- Focus on the Sage Accountants Products to establish and drive core practise improvement.
- Development and implementation of overall quality engineering and test strategy covering all phases of testing from unit test to deployment testing
- Develop and execute End to End plan for all quality engineering activities for periodic product releases
- Scheduling and Management of test execution tasks and verification of test results
- Identification of environment requirements and validation of environment setup
- Preparation of Quality Outcome/Summary report for periodic product releases
- Develop quality engineering frameworks for continuous integration with automated test approach
- Provide technical guidance, training and support to analysts and senior analysts in implementation of quality engineering framework
- Active participation in review and refactoring of automated scripts
- Coaching, mentoring, supervision of Quality Engineers
- Responsible for performance appraisal of team members and career development plan
- Ensure all activities and tasks are performed keeping Health, Safety and wellbeing of team members
- Ensure organisation compliance, code of conduct of team members
Skills and Experience:
- Good Analytical skills and understanding of product requirements/architecture/design for building frameworks during development phase
- Must have experience in agile methods and practices
- Must have experience in developing quality desktop and cloud-based software
- Must have experience in development and implementation quality engineering frameworks
- Must have hands on experience in development of automated scripts
- Experience in NodeJS, Java, .NET programming for development of automated scripts
- Experience in Quality engineering frameworks, for UI, API, Performance scripts (e.g. Cypress, TestCafe, Selenium, Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Gatling) in desktop and Cloud environments.
- Experience in implementing test pyramid, continuous integration, shift left and shift right technique
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.