- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 25 June 2022
- Job Ref: J4919
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. We’re one of the leading providers of business management software to UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific small and mid-market organisations. It helps more than 55,000 customers across commercial, public sector and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient. Its innovative Access Workspace cloud solutions transform the way business software is used, giving every employee the freedom to do more. Founded in 1991, The Access Group employs more than 4,700 staff.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business.
About the position:
We are extending our Quality Engineering team for one of our division. Our projects become bigger and more complex, and at the same time the number of our clients increases. We want to transform our testing capabilities to enable and accelerate that growth.
You will be working in one of our Squads, alongside with Developers and BA. You will be involved in testing strategy, implementation of automated testing solutions for the product, risk analysis and root cause analysis.
About you :
- You are collaborative, pragmatic, positive, competitive, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement.
- You demonstrate great communication skills and are able to communicate with, and advise stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, Quality approach and strategic objectives.
- You are a technical person with knowledge of automation frameworks, performance, load and security testing.
- You show a great understanding of best practice, including: Why QA is necessary, objectives, cost of defects, principles of testing, software development models, testing levels & types.
- You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centered activities.
- You are able to report risks and observations and identify areas where further testing may be required.
- You genuinely care about quality; collaboratively work with your team-mates to embed quality wherever possible.
About the role :
As a QA Engineer on one of our core SaaS accountancy applications, you will work in an agile scrum team of 6-10 team members. Key focuses include:
- Contributing to the QA approach, designing well-analysed tests, reviewing requirements, and executing testing.
- Implementation of automated testing solutions for the product, ensure continual addition of tests to this framework as the product grows, with the aim to eliminate manual testing wherever feasible.
- Championing a Quality-first approach within the team; building great relationships with developers, BAs, and Support; and participating in QA initiatives within the division.
Day to day you will :
- Advise, coach, and collaborate with team stakeholders on the QA approach the wider team should take, to deliver quality deliverables.
- Follow the agreed QA process and approach for both manual and automated testing, to align with the test & business strategy.
- Design and execute manual testing to a high standard, taking an approach suitable to an agile, fast-paced environment, according to the product teams’ definitions of done.
- Write, develop, and maintain automated Test Scripts within the Automation Framework to ensure maximum coverage, quality, and scalability across products.
- Execute static reviews/requirements reviews in line with the department’s QA approach.
- Follow a risk-based approach, make risk-based recommendations, and identify, assess, and escalate quality risks.
- Contribute to developing test processes and improvements.
- Report to the QA Lead on progress and areas of risk.
- Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded QA Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Experience of working with SaaS or Web-based products.
- Experience of creating automation packs; Solid understanding of how to structure automation to achieve robust, efficient, and scalable test packs, including the automation infrastructure required (page object model design pattern).
- Experience of E2E UI web automation using native Selenium WebDriver or other equivalent technology
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of Risk and how to identify and assess it, including Risk-based Testing
- Solid testing experience and good understanding of test approaches and techniques.
- Experience of assisting in the development of test processes and improvements
- Willingness to occasionally work out of hours to deliver software releases
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Experience with testing and automation at API layer
- Experience of Data driven testing
- Experience of using JIRA
- Non-functional testing (performance/load/volume preferably)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, you’ll get:
- Private medical and life insurance
- Meal tickets
- 7cards sport membership
- Christmas Bonus
- A Competitive Salary
- Increase vacation days according to length of service