- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 28 September 2023
- Job Ref: J9991
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
• 4-8 years of relevant experience
• Detail-Oriented and Meticulous with Strong Analytical Skills
• Problem-Solving Mindset: You are a natural problem solver, always seeking innovative ways to uncover potential issues and improve the software testing process.
• Passionate about Quality: You are deeply passionate about ensuring the highest standards of quality and take pride in delivering software that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Collaborative Team Player and a Continuous Learner
• Adaptable and Agile
• Strong Communication Skills
• Quality Champion: You are committed to being a quality advocate within the organization, promoting a culture of excellence and continuous improvement across the software development lifecycle.
• User-Centric Approach: You prioritize the end-user experience and strive to ensure that the software meets user needs and expectations, delivering a positive and seamless user experience.
• Multifaceted Testing Abilities: You are well-versed in various types of testing, including functional, usability, performance, security, and regression testing, and can apply the appropriate testing methodologies as per project requirements.
• Metrics-Driven and Open to Innovation
- API testing using RestSharp/Axios/Jmeter/Karate/Postman
- CI/CD and pipelines using Azure Devops, GitHub Actions
- Experience on AWS or Azure
- Test Planning and Strategy, Test Case Design
- Bug Tracking and Reporting: Familiarity with bug tracking systems like Jira, Bugzilla, or similar tools to log and manage software defects effectively.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD)
- Performance Testing, Security Testing, Cross-Browser and Cross-Platform Testing, API Testing, Regression Testing
- Test Data Management: Ability to create and manage test data sets to support different testing scenarios and maintain data integrity during testing.
- Test Documentation: Skill in creating clear and concise test documentation, including test plans, test cases, and test reports.
- Quality Metrics and Analysis: Knowledge of quality metrics and the ability to analyze test results to provide valuable insights for process improvement.
- Agile Methodology: Familiarity with Agile development practices and participation in Agile ceremonies, such as sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and sprint retrospectives.
Your core competencies will include:
- Able to communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approach, demonstrating the ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience. Able to communicate and collaborate with other teams.
- Can provide comprehensive requirements feedback, highlighting omissions, gaps and potential areas of confusion. Able to actively contribute to discussions, make suggestions based on risk, understanding of best practice and pragmatism.
- Able to collaborate and advise quality stakeholders on QA deliverables and approach.
- Great understanding of best practice, including: Why QA is necessary, objectives, cost of defects, principles of testing, software Engineering models, testing levels & types. Understanding of Access' test processes and approaches.
- Understanding of Test Design techniques for optimal coverage, including: requirements coverage, end to end testing, boundary value analysis, equivalence partitioning, exploratory testing, User Paths and scenarios, data-driven testing. Able to recommend appropriate methods for task based on understanding of product and project goals.
- Able to focus testing according to the changes to the system, the impacted areas and the risk of changes. Demonstrates understanding of the different test activities included, and the different depths of focus required for each: Fix testing, New Feature testing, Regression testing.
- Able to write test cases which cover requirements, acceptance criteria, relevant end to end scenarios and high risk areas, with limited need for review and feedback (although peer reviews may be recommended), to achieve the team's Definition of Done and Test Approach.
- Able to report risks and observations, and identify areas where further testing may be required. Attentive to areas outside the test scripts whilst testing, and communicates areas of risk, in business terms, to stakeholders, able to make recommendations.
- Makes recommendations in sprint / project planning in terms of capacity, priorities, risks or blockers. Helps drive the planning process, ensuring that they support sprint goals are met, and items completed according to the team's Definition of Done.
- Able to allocate tasks between available team members, managing workloads and make decisions on priorities/skills. Potentially working across workstreams.
- Understands the importance of tracking root cause, and the implications of these. Able to complete the Root cause on defects autonomously, and escalate concerns appropriately.
- Has good knowledge of the product they work on, is able to specify end to end test cases with limited guidance and is constantly developing a better understanding of how customers use the product, and makes changes to test approach where applicable.
- Encourages others to make Access a great & successful place to work, pro-actively helps colleagues and steps towards challenges, taking accountability for making things happen.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year (rules apply) and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.