- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 15 September 2021
- Job Ref: J3800
You are collaborative, pragmatic, positive, competitive, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement.
You demonstrate great communication skills and are able to communicate with, and advise stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, Quality approach and strategic objectives.
You are a technical person with knowledge of automation frameworks, performance, load and security testing.
You show a great understanding of best practice, including: Why QA is necessary, objectives, cost of defects, principles of testing, software development models, testing levels & types.
You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities.
You are able to report risks and observations and identify areas where further testing may be required.
You genuinely care about quality; collaboratively work with your team-mates to embed quality wherever possible.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Advise, coach, and collaborate with team stakeholders on the QA approach the wider team should take, to deliver quality deliverables.
- Follow the agreed QA process and approach for both manual and automated testing, to align with the test & business strategy.
- Design and execute manual testing to a high standard, taking an approach suitable to an agile, fast-paced environment, according to the product teams’ definitions of done.
- Write, develop, and maintain automated Test Scripts within the Automation Framework (for example JMeter, Selenium) to ensure maximum coverage, quality, and scalability across products.
- Execute static reviews/requirements reviews in line with the department’s QA approach.
- Follow a risk-based approach, make risk-based recommendations, and identify, assess, and escalate quality risks.
- Contribute to developing test processes and improvements.
- Report to the Squad Lead on progress and areas of risk.
- Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded QA Engineer your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Experience of working with SaaS or Web-based products.
- Experience of creating automation packs; Solid understanding of how to structure automation to achieve robust, efficient, and scalable test packs.
- Experience of E2E UI web automation using native Selenium WebDriver or similar technology
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of Risk and how to identify and assess it, including Risk-based Testing
- Solid testing experience and good understanding of test approaches and techniques.
- Experience of assisting in the development of test processes and improvements
- Willingness to occasionally work out of hours to deliver software releases
It would be great if you also had:
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Experience with testing and automation at API layer
- Experience of Data driven testing
- Experience of using JIRA or AzureDevops
- Non-functional testing (performance/load/volume preferably)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain