- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 06 May 2021
- Job Ref: J3160
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We are passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That is why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
This position is for a QA Engineer to be part of a growing development team. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be influential in the design and enhancement of Access People Planner. The Access Health & Social Care is one of our fastest growing divisions and has been built by a mixture of acquisitions including established solutions and tech start-ups, but all are best-of-breed including PeoplePlanner, Mobizio, Careblox, C360, iCare Health, Webroster and eLearning for you.
Underpinned by Access Workspace technology, we are building a game-changing Health & Social Care ecosystem that makes a real positive difference to our clients and their clients, and we want you to be part of this exciting journey.
You will have accountability for ensuring our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
- You are collaborative, pragmatic, positive, competitive, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement.
- You demonstrate great communication skills and are able to communicate with, and advise stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, Quality approach and strategic objectives.
- You show a great understanding of best practice, including: Why QA is necessary, objectives, cost of defects, principles of testing, software development models, testing levels & types.
- You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities.
- You are able to report risks and observations and identify areas where further testing may be required.
- You genuinely care about quality; collaboratively work with your team-mates to embed quality wherever possible.
About the role:
As a QA Engineer on one of our core SaaS accountancy applications, you will work in an agile scrum team of 6-10 team members. Key focuses include:
- Contributing to the QA approach, designing well-analysed tests, reviewing requirements, and executing testing.
- Championing a Quality-first approach within the team; building great relationships with developers, BAs, and Support; and participating in QA initiatives within the division.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Advise, coach, and collaborate with team stakeholders on the QA approach the wider team should take, to deliver quality deliverables.
- Follow the agreed QA process and approach for both manual and automated testing, to align with the test & business strategy.
- Design and execute manual testing to a high standard, taking an approach suitable to an agile, fast-paced environment, according to the product teams’ definitions of done.
- Write, develop, and maintain automated Test Scripts within the Automation Framework to ensure maximum coverage, quality, and scalability across products.
- Execute static reviews/requirements reviews in line with the department’s QA approach.
- Follow a risk-based approach, make risk-based recommendations, and identify, assess, and escalate quality risks.
- Contribute to developing test processes and improvements.
- Report to the QA Lead on progress and areas of risk.
Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
A well-rounded QA Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Experience of working with SaaS or Web-based products.
- Experience of creating automation packs; Solid understanding of how to structure automation to achieve robust, efficient, and scalable test packs, including the automation infrastructure required (page object model design pattern).
- Experience of E2E UI web automation using native Selenium WebDriver
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of Risk and how to identify and assess it, including Risk-based Testing
- Solid testing experience and good understanding of test approaches and techniques, including specific approaches for SaaS products.
- Experience of assisting in the development of test processes and improvements
- Willingness to occasionally work out of hours to deliver software releases
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Experience with testing and automation at API layer
- Experience of Data driven testing
- Experience of using JIRA
Non-functional testing (performance/load/volume preferably)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Become part of our amazing Access family!