Back to Job Search
- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 21 October 2023
- Job Ref: J9721
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It’s this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers. We pride ourselves on helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That’s why over 1 million users and over 40,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About The Opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven QA to join our healthcare team, to ensure we are delivering quality software that truly makes a difference to hospitals, in the UK and beyond. You have the chance to form part of a team working on a new software that not only streamlines healthcare processes, but also supports better patient care, and ultimately saves lives!
- You are collaborative, pragmatic, positive, competitive, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement.
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills and can communicate with, and advise stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, Quality approach and strategic objectives.
- You have a “shift left” mentality and understand the importance of anticipating and identifying issues as early as possible in the SDLC.
- You show a great understanding of best practice, including why QA is necessary, objectives, cost of defects, principles of testing, software development models, testing levels & types.
- You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities.
- You can report risks and observations and identify areas where further testing may be required.
- You are confident in your ability to challenge and influence where required to ensure our software’s quality is consistent.
- You are a technical person with knowledge of automation frameworks, performance, load, and security testing.
- You genuinely care about quality; you collaboratively work with your team-mates to embed quality wherever possible.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Advise, and collaborate with team stakeholders on the QA approach the wider team should take, to deliver quality deliverables.
- Follow the agreed QA process and approach for both manual and automated testing, to align with the test & business strategy.
- Design, execute and record testing to a high standard, taking an approach suitable to an agile, fast-paced environment, according to the product teams’ definitions of done.
- Actively contribute to refinement, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk, and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
- Follow a risk-based approach, make risk-based recommendations, and identify, assess, and escalate quality risks.
- Contribute to developing test processes and improvements.
- Report to the Squad Lead on progress and areas of risk.
- Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the creation and execution of automation tests where required.
As a well-rounded Quality Engineer, your Skills and Experiences will include:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Experience of working with SaaS or Web-based products.
- Experience of testing at API layer.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of defining and crafting test plans and writing solid, re-usable test cases to ensure functionality is appropriately documented and to support regression efforts.
- Good understanding of Risk and how to identify and assess it, including Risk-based Testing
- Solid testing experience and good understanding of test approaches and techniques.
- Experience of assisting in the development of test processes and improvements.
Technology & Tools:
- API tools e.g., Swagger, Postman
- Continuous testing within a pipeline
- Jenkins/Azure DevOps
- Good SQL Server skills
- Test repository such as qTest/Azure DevOps Test Plans
It would be great if you also had:
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Experience of creating automation packs; understanding of how to structure automation to achieve robust, efficient, and scalable test packs for UI and/or API.
- Experience of mobile testing using tools such as BrowserStack/Appium
- Experience testing HL7 messages
- Non-functional testing (performance/load/volume preferably)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the
development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and
an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work-life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
At Access, we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life, and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d sti ll love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all diff erent. We believe by having more diverse perspecti ves at work improves how we run our business, helps us to bett er support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You