- Location: Timişoara
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted about 1 month ago
- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 10 June 2023
- Job Ref: J8675
What are we all about?
In Romania we are proud to have more than 350 tech and software business specialist working in Timisoara and around the country and we are not stopping here.
- You are a dynamic, skilled individual with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do.
- You have a strong analytical background and experience working with the Microsoft Azure Data Stack.
- You are a strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues.
- You are focused on delivering high-quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile environment.
- You are constantly seeking to improve both your skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic company.
- You will work closely with Data Services Developers, contribute to planning sessions and architect technical solutions as well as guide the technical evolution of products.
This role requires frequent interaction with stakeholders, product owners and developers, to ensure that we deliver a quality tested platform to our user base.
- Design and execute manual testing to a high standard, taking an approach suitable to an agile, fast-paced environment, according to the product teams’ definitions of done.
- Work closely with Developers as part of an agile team to test user stories as they’re being developed.
- Collaborate with Product Owners from the onset to understand requirements, define test cases and suggest conditions of acceptance.
- Identification of data quality issues.
- Provide quality assurance oversight of data flows and stores.
- Log and help to prioritise defects in Azure DevOps ensuring that the necessary level of detail is documented.
- Update our bank of regression scripts on a continual basis.
- Work with other members of your team to iteratively improve working practices.
- Assist with planning the regression testing activities in preparation for a release.
- Testing BI Reports built in a number of technologies that form part of a wider BI Suite.
- Follow a risk-based approach, make risk-based recommendations and identify, assess and escalate quality risks.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong background in functional testing with the ability to design and develop test strategy and test cases for a Data Warehouse/ETL function
- Strong experience working with the Azure Data Factory
- Exposure to Data Warehousing and Dimensional modelling Concepts
- Experience in validating reports and dashboards built using Power BI
- Ability to review technical requirements with data warehouse and business intelligence terminology to produce test strategies, test scenarios and test cases for the data services team.
- Demonstrable expertise in the whole testing life cycle including knowledge of various test methodologies, the definition of test plans and test scripts, test execution and raising defects.
- Hands-on experience in Data Warehousing testing projects
- Proficient in SQL and database systems
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in creating and executing database queries to support testing, such as using SQL and MongoDB.
- Strong experience of working in a fast-paced, Agile scrum environment.
- ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of Risk and how to identify and assess it, including Risk-based Testing
- Experience in assisting in the development of test processes and improvements
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties
- Experience in creating automation packs from the bottom up
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- Non-functional testing (performance/load/volume preferably)
- Experience working in an environment utilising Continuous Integration, and experience in build management.
Experience testing web services and web applications and using API testing tools such as Postman.
What does Access offer you?
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.