- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 10 February 2023
- Job Ref: J8057
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organizations rely on Access software to help their organization thrive.
- An exciting opportunity to join a growing development team as a QA Engineer working on one of our core SaaS products.
- Reporting to the Development Team Lead, you will be responsible for ensuring that software is correctly designed and tested throughout the development lifecycle and be influential in the improvement of testing processes and practices within the team.
- Understand various testing approaches and techniques, including specific approaches for SaaS products.
- Experience using automation testing tools and frameworks including Visual Studio, Selenium WebDriver (C#), and SpecFlow.
- Experience with testing and automation at API layers.
- Achieved ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
- You are a dynamic, skilled QA Engineer with a passion for technology and automation and a keen sense of pride in the work you do.
- You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team.
- You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment.
- You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic company.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop testing to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of techniques and technologies. Ensure QA standards are established, known, coached and followed within agile team.
- Actively participate in requirements analysis: highlight omissions and gaps; pro actively contribute to discussions; and understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria.
- Where appropriate, write, develop and maintain automated Test Scripts and frameworks to enable maximum coverage, quality and scalability across products.
- Proactively develop QA processes and improvements for your projects within a fast moving, agile environment.
- Manage effective test ware control, ensuring test packs are maintained, kept relevant and (where appropriate) version controlled.
- Understand and actively encourage automation design principles, best practices, coverage and strategy.
- Participate in defect identification, replication and communication including risks and required resolutions. Report and track root cause trends.
- Own Quality centered activities including: static reviews, collaboration with Development and Product (such as Three Amigos), planning, early discovery of defects, exploratory testing techniques, optimal running of regression periods and pro-active risk management.
As a well-rounded QA Engineer, you will:
- Demonstrate pro-active participation in requirements analysis by understanding the scope, risk and complexity of changes, highlighting omissions and gaps and constructively challenging and providing feedback.
- Be collaborative, pragmatic and able to communicate with, advise and guide all quality stakeholders in various departments at various levels.
- Identify areas of need, and drive initiatives to improve and measure areas such as: test design, planning and estimations, defect management, liaison with stakeholders, environment management, release process, automation, test tools, reporting, testware management.
- Be able to, through Test Design, make and guide decisions to be informed by risk, impact, commercial factors, pragmatism and strategic objectives. Demonstrate excellent understanding of (and able to guide others through) the decision-making process when designing tests.
- Co-ordinate, plan and manage QA sprint and release activities, prioritising according to risk, changes in delivery schedule and customer issues. Make risk-based decisions according to these in order to achieve successful delivery of QA activities/deliverables autonomously.
- Work collaboratively with development colleagues on root cause identification and trending. Contribute to estimation, considering release, project drivers and requirements in addition to sprint requirements. Recommend approaches to planning based on agile best practice, risk and commercial factors.
- Have excellent analysis skills, using metrics to drive change within the team for process efficiency. Able to implement change to ensure agile principles are adopted and adhered to.
- Understand and articulate different techniques, considerations and goals of non-functional testing in order to drive secure and scalable objectives to be part of the overall quality of a product.
- Have awareness of evolution in QA techniques and technologies and understand how newer version of techniques and technologies can help you develop better software.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Working full remote
- Competitive salary
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.