Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
We have a great opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join the Accountants Product Engineering Team. As a QA Engineer, you will be working with a team of highly skilled software engineers, QA engineers, and designers all operating in a dynamic and customer focused environment using Agile delivery methodology. You will work across several development squads and your duties will include
- Manual and automated testing of both web based and desktop applications.
- Creating automated test scripts
- Creating accurate test plans and executing against these, ensuring that all issues and risks are raised and managed to completion
- Assisting our Support team with customer queries/issues
- Assist with Performance and Security Testing
- Maintaining Test Analytics and Test Summary reports
• You are an accomplished Quality Assurance Engineer focussed on innovative design leading to high quality delivery through Software Engineering teams
• You thrive in a collaborative environment, working with autonomous squads to unleash their potential and improve the quality of our software
• You are thorough and considered in your approach. You can visualise long term solutions, and convey those solutions to others, but also recognise the importance of iterative quality delivery.
• You are keen to contribute to a community of quality engineering professionals
• You have experience with working with cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS
• You own problems, and crave the autonomy to solve them taking responsibility demonstrating good decision-making to achieve them pragmatically
• You proactively share knowledge and enjoy learning and improving the technical quality competency of the teams you work with
• You have experience working with testing desktop and cloud applications and have experience with automation and wish to do more in this area of quality engineering.
• Ensure the agreed QA process and approach, for both manual and automated testing, is followed in order to align with the test & business strategy.
• Ensure manual testing is designed and executed to a highest standard, according to the product teams’ definitions of done.
• Ensure the team follows a risk-based approach, making risk-based recommendations and decisions on quality, priorities and releases.
• Where appropriate, write, develop and maintain automated Test Scripts within the Automation Framework to ensure maximum coverage, quality and scalability across products.
• Support and practice business and test driven quality methods to improve the quality of our software.
Your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Quality Assurance experience:
• A minimum of 3 years experience working as a Test Engineer / Software Tester / QA Engineer testing both web based and Desktop applications
• An Accounting qualification or background will be highly regarded
• ISTQB foundation certification is desirable
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to work unsupervised and be able to manage your own time effectively
• The ability to solve problems whilst working under pressure and to tight timescales
• Experience working on Desktop and SaaS applications
• Experience with .NET, SQL Server, ASP.NET Core is required
• Experience with AWS and Azure technologies is essential.
• CI/CD tooling such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc
• Experience with various Identity and Access Management system including Azure B2C or any other equivalent
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to make you successful. We will help you carve out your career path.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to grow, you will enjoy a fun environment on top of our standard benefits.
Become part of our amazing Access family!