- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2022
- Job Ref: J7372
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. We’re one of the leading providers of business management software to UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific small and mid-market organisations. It helps more than 55,000 customers across commercial, public sector and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient. Its innovative Access Workspace cloud solutions transform the way business software is used, giving every employee the freedom to do more. Founded in 1991, The Access Group employs more than 4,700 staff.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business.
APS is the leading provider of Practice Engagement Solutions to Australia and New Zealand’s top 500 Accounting Firms and we are now part of The Access Group.
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to assist in building our Automation frameworks for all our mature and new technology . You will be key in converting our existing manual and automated testing processes and creating new Automation scripts built across all our products and Agile Squads using standardized Automation frameworks.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Develop and foster a culture of Quality by Design, continuous improvement and excellence
- Encourage and support the professional development of the QA Analysts and Engineers under your care
- Support the Quality Manager in monitoring resource planning, initiatives and enabling agile processes through skills tracking, development into a fully automated team, and future recruitment planning
- Encourage principles and practices that make it possible for the team to get great work done, and provide an environment for experimentation, learning and multiskilling through cross training
- Designing and Embedding Automation as part of Epic and User Story development in Jira
- Building UI and API test suites based on Business Drive Design (BDD) and feature requirements
- Experience executing Automated tests across multiple Test Environments and Production
- Building Automation to be executed in the CICD DevOps integration with Sanity, Regression Test Cycles as well as Automation for Monitoring System Health in Test and Prod environments
- Deliver innovation bringing new suggestions and continuous improvement ideas
- Active input in the design process for the products being delivered by your squads
- Experience in Agile ceremonies to ensure Automation is built into the Epics, Features and User Stories
- Implement changes to Automation tooling and methods based on the QA Managers directions
- Providing input into product release decisions based on quality levels
Skills and Experience:
- Well versed in UI and API Test Automation Tools both open sourced and off the shelf
- Experience creating and maintaining Automated tests for Web UI and API
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of modern QA automation frameworks and understanding of and streamlining the transition from Manual to Automated Testing
- Understanding of Integration between Test Case management tools such as Zephyr for Jira, Zephyr Scale/Squad – to Automation Framework
- BDD Experience with an idea of what works and what doesn’t in Integrating to Automation Framework
- Exposure to BDD Tools such as CucumberStudio or Cucumber for Jira
- Experienced user of Atlassian toolsets – Jira, Jira Roadmap, Jira Scrum, Confluence
- Exposure to one or more Automation tools: TestComplete, ReadyAPI, TestExecute, Postman, Puppeteer, Cypress, Selenium
- Great verbal and written communication skills - clearly document and map Automated Test Coverage
- Experience in creating and maintaining Automated Tests in Automation frameworks using POM
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Having an organized approach to structuring documentation – Test Cases, Defects, Regression, E2E
- Understanding of how to access data stored in relational databases, NoSQL databases and flat files
- Enthusiasm to make change to make a difference - A positive, can-do attitude that will get other following you in your footstep
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- 25-days of leave each year through Annual and Wellbeing Leave
- 12-weeks Paid Parental Leave at full salary for new parents
- 3-days Giving Back Days
- A region-wide Employee Assistance Program
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.