- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 15 September 2022
- Job Ref: J7244
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are an experienced quality professional with experience of both manual and automation testing. You take an evangelistic and collaborative approach to ensuring the output of the development teams is to a high quality, and continuously strive to improve and optimise the quality processes themselves and the return on the investment our users see from them. You are passionate about working as a team and helping each other to achieve goals, which may involve stepping outside of your natural duties from time to time in the interests of getting the job done.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Advise and collaborate with all quality stakeholders on the QA approach the wider team should take, to deliver quality deliverables.
- Follow the agreed QA process and approach for both manual and automated testing, in order to align with the test & business strategy.
- Design and execute manual testing to a high standard, taking an approach suitable to an agile, fast-paced environment, according to the product teams’ definitions of done.
- Execute static reviews/requirements reviews in line with the department’s QA approach.
- Follow a risk-based approach, make risk-based recommendations and identify, assess and escalate quality risks.
- Where appropriate, write, develop and maintain automated Test Scripts within the Automation Framework to ensure maximum coverage, quality and scalability across products.
- Contribute to developing test processes and improvements.
- Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded QA Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Strong experience of working in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Strong experience of working with SaaS or Web-based products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of Risk and how to identify and assess it, including Risk-based Testing
- Solid testing experience and good understanding of test approaches and techniques, including specific approaches for SaaS products.
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Pragmatic, positive, competitive, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement.
- Experience of assisting in the development of test processes and improvements
- Willingness to occasionally work out of hours to deliver software releases
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties
- Experience of E2E UI web automation using tools such as WebDriver.io, Visual Studio and Selenium WebDriver (C#).
- Experience with manual testing and automation at API layers (including REST and GraphQL APIs using tools such as Postman etc…)
- Solid understanding of how to structure automation to achieve robust, efficient and scalable test packs, including the automation infrastructure required (page object model), and working collaboratively with Development teams to implement.
- Experience of creating automation packs from the ground up.
- T-SQL - experience of writing basic queries
- Experience using Git-based source control
- Experience of Data-driven testing
- Experience of using JIRA
- Non-functional testing (performance/load/volume preferably)
- Using tooling such as JMeter, Blazemeter
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.