- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 21 July 2022
- Job Ref: J6328
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge in Quality Assurance and test automation. Domain experience of payroll, pension and expenses systems is an advantage. You will be primarily responsible for working with the product engineering teams to maintain the quality of the application, automating our UI testing, and ensure the system operates as expected. You will have a keen interest in test automation, continuous deployment practices, and seek to increasingly automate the QA process, as well as completing the necessary manual procedures. You will have experience of working in an agile and high-performing team, with strong communication, time management and organisational skills.
You should be keen to learn and proactively develop your skillset, and enthusiastically engage and collaborate with your team-mates. You are eager to take ownership of individual tasks, follow through to completion, and can easily adapt to changing priorities and overcome challenges.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Write, develop, and maintain UI test automation to ensure maximum coverage, quality, security, and scalability across products.
• Implement a reusable test automation framework to continuously expand our code coverage.
• Review industry best practice, and practices within the wider Access Group, to continuously seek new opportunities to improve our automation process.
• Work within an agile engineering team, on fortnightly sprints.
• Design and execute manual testing to a high standard, taking an approach suitable to an agile, fast-paced environment, according to the product teams’ definitions of done.
• Engage with the product engineering team to understand current workloads and priorities, and ensure tasks are completed successfully and on time.
• When required, participate in other engineering projects, to expand your experience and skillset.
• Contribute to developing test processes and improvements.
As a well-rounded QA Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• 2 years + experience in a QA/automation engineering role.
• Experience of automation tools, e.g. Selenium, Cypress, Siesta, Postman, JMeter, etc.
• Experience of dev ops practices and tools, e.g. Azure, Gitlab, automation pipelines, Jenkins, Sonarqube, etc.
• Knowledge of payroll, pension or expense systems.
• Oracle databases and PL/SQL an advantage.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Self-starter who will get tasks going, and Drive to completion.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, including ability to multi-task across different projects, releases and work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain