- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 22 January 2022
- Job Ref: J4937
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Access Screening is a market leading cloud-based pre-employment and compliance product that has a rapidly expanding client base. Enabling customers to take control and manage their compliance process, Access Screening is the prerequisite of every employment hire.
You are a skilled and enthusiastic Python developer, who wants to work as part of a team on a variety of products and technologies using a range of frameworks, modern techniques, patterns, and practises.
You take pride in your work and enjoy delivering quality software that will make a difference to our customers.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Pro-actively participate in the full development lifecycle in a dynamic agile team.
- Write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple, and easy to read.
- Work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team to deliver new features to our products.
- Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk, and complexity of changes.
- Support the team's sprint deliverables, through proactive contribution to planning, ownership of tasks, identification of dependencies and risk management.
- Be involved in the design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions.
- Work using a range of frameworks, modern techniques, patterns, and practices in Python.
- Take pride in your work, be comfortable in a high-performance environment, and inspire others to succeed.
- Code review other developers’ work, providing constructive feedback, advising on best practices.
As a well-rounded developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Proven ability to deliver software in an Agile environment.
- Strong design, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Committing to delivering and maintaining high standards, promoting quality focused development.
- Good understanding of QA best practices.
- Managing time efficiently and effectively.
- A quick learning capability, easily picking up new technical concepts.
- Open and collaborative style.
- Working with Python web frameworks, ideally Django.
- Experience with CI/CD.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain