- Sector: Hosting & Infrastructure
- Expiry Date: 13 July 2022
- Job Ref: J5075
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more. We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Reporting to the Cloud Hosting Solution (CHS) Head of Projects, you will be working closely with Programme Sponsors, technical infrastructure and development teams, Business Units and Customers
The role will be to manage several projects concurrently, on time and within budget and scope. This role oversees all aspects of a project lifecycle including agreeing deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring progress, and managing risk & issues.
With some remote / home-based work, you will need to be within commutable distance of The Access Group’s Wolverhampton offices. You may occasionally be expected to meet with Access teams across a variety of other UK offices
- Managed Service Provider experience / delivery of Managed Services
- Project delivery with the Legal sector
- Customer liaison and management will be a significant part of this role
Responsibility - You will be expected to:
- Own and manage several small to medium sized projects, implementing a combination of Customers’ Cloud-based applications and infrastructure solutions offered by CHS
- Never make assumptions about the project’s requirement – the PM should expect to own the full End to End delivery
- Ensure the projects and programmes are effectively structured, planned and managed through strong governance and communications and adhering to within the CHS Projects framework
- Support the continued rollout of the divisional project management methodology and implementation of appropriate controls to ensure their adherence and success
- Be responsible for the planning, co-ordination, status reporting, communication, escalation management
- Manage project escalations to resolution to avoid further escalation.
- Develop and manage plans to deliver to the agreed time, cost, and quality criteria
- Proactively manage of risks and issues (RAIDs)
- Have a sufficient level of technical ability and knowledge to be able to understand the proposed solution and translate that into a ‘joined-up' vision to the Customer and the CHS technical team(s)
Skills and Experiences:
- Ideally have Project/Programme Management qualifications (PRINCE 2 practitioner and/or Agile and/or Managing Successful Programmes and/or similar)
- Have significant experience in management of multiple projects
- Be comfortable managing multiple internal, 3rd party and Customer Project resources
- Have the technical experience/adeptness required for technical project management, implementation, and direction of technical delivery teams
- You will be used to the challenges that matrix-management brings and can recognise the challenges that multi-function delivery teams bring
- Be highly proficient regarding project management methodologies and processes
- Confident and pro-active with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Possess a “can-do” positive attitude to delivery
- Comfortable working in a high tempo, constantly changing environment
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload
- Accurate, dynamic, and tenacious.
- You are a team player who can support others and able to take on support when offered
- You will thrive on challenging technical solutions and often aggressive timescales working in both Waterfall and Agile environments and be ready and expectant of new, sometimes short notice challenges.