- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 13 days ago
- Sector: Professional Services
- Expiry Date: 08 April 2023
- Job Ref: J8460
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
You will be leading a team of Project Managers and Technical consultants delivering, as a Programme, major software and infrastructure upgrades to our customer base. You will provide leadership and people management to team members. You will be responsible for programme planning, risk management, resource scheduling, budget management, stakeholder management and at times being the point of escalation for customer concerns relating to project delivery. This is a key role to supporting the business in expediting project delivery, establishing expertise and optimising project delivery for the upgrades.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Maintain the programme plan tracking progress and ensuring good and effective communications with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and ensure programme and project risks and issues are identified, documented and suitable mitigations are put in place.
- Liaise and negotiate with the Head of Customer Success, Head of Release and Deployment, Development Engineering managers and other Project Team Leaders to support planning and resource management.
- Provide guidance and support to your direct reports and wider programme delivery team.
- Be the initial point of escalation for customer concerns with an understanding of when to further escalate to the appropriate colleague if necessary.
- Ensure the programme and projects are implemented in accordance with our defined project delivery processes.
- Proactively seek to optimise programme and project delivery wherever possible, with the aim of reducing implementation timescales whilst maintaining or improving the quality of delivery.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- Previous Programme/Project Management delivery experience in a software delivery environment.
- Previous experience of successfully delivering IT projects into NHS and care & support sector is required.
- You will be an excellent communicator at all levels with the ability to negotiate and influence to achieve positive outcomes for the programme and the customers.
- Possess strong Leadership qualities.
- Strong focus on delivery - Motivated and able to adopt practical and pragmatic approach when required.
- Good communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Great relationship building and collaborative skills.
- Good project planning and forecasting skills.
- Strong budget management and forecasting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.