- Sector: Professional Services
- Expiry Date: 26 August 2022
- Job Ref: J5204
.Net Developer - Product Development and Management
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. We’re one of the leading providers of business management software to UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific small and mid-market organisations. It helps more than 55,000 customers across commercial, public sector and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient. Its innovative Access Workspace cloud solutions transform the way business software is used, giving every employee the freedom to do more. Founded in 1991, The Access Group employs more than 4,700 staff.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business.
You are an accomplished full stack .NET developer with a strong background in building high quality software using a range of frameworks, modern techniques, patterns and practices. You have experience working on green field projects as well as maintaining and transforming established code to meet business needs and requirements within a high-performance Services environment.
You take pride in your work and enjoy working as part of team of a Professional Services team delivering quality software that will make a difference to our customers.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Pro-actively participate in the full development lifecycle
- Work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary Professional Services team to deliver customer / project requirements
- Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors and make risk-based recommendations
- Display ownership, responsibility and good decision making and co-ordinate team-mates to achieve project deliverables
- Be involved with the design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions
- Proven ability to deliver software in an Agile environment
As a well-rounded developer, your skills and experiences likely include:
- Strong design, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A passion for design concepts and user experience
- Committing to delivering and maintaining high standards
- Managing time efficiently and effectively
- A quick learning capability, easily picking up new technical concepts
- Open and collaborative style
- Commercial awareness, strong communication and customer liaison skills
- MS SQL Server: T-SQL
- Win forms / WPF / Web experience
- Web API (REST / SOAP)
- SOLID Principles
- Background in SaaS Web Development
- Automated Build (CI) and Deployments (not essential, training can be provided)
- Good understanding of source code workflow best practice (using Git) and ability to troubleshoot issues
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain