- Location: Perth
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 8 days ago
- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 14 April 2023
- Job Ref: J8644
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
As Product Owner you will be at the centre of our business, technology and user experience, and will work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy. You will be responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination of your product development teams and their development pipeline, as well as ensuring your teams have a shared understanding of the sprint deliverables.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work closely with the Product Manager to provide input into the product roadmaps and refine the team backlog.
- Co-ordinate the implementation teams to support the delivery of the sprint goals and resolution of issues.
- Track team performance highlighting successful processes or areas of concern.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to set internal and external delivery expectations based on estimations.
- Provide support to the software developers to ensure that the software is developed in line with the specifications.
- Collaborative definition, co-ordination, and scheduling of work with external teams, to unblock dependencies as required.
- Assist the QA to develop test scenarios for your products and otherwise support the QA process. required.
- Take responsibility for all third level escalations of customer and developer partner support and delegate tasks where required.
- Liaise with third party software developers and product managers.
- Assist Marketing in marketing collateral (print and online), media releases, blogs etc.
- Represent your products at internal presentations where required.
- Keep the Product Manager informed, on a regular and timely basis, of the status of all activities. Delegate tasks to team members where needed to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ensure release documentation is accurate, complete and communicated when appropriate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Product Manager where required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your Manager or Product Manager from time to time
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a software development role releasing to strict timeframes (eg compliance software).
- A clear understanding of the product development lifecycle for desktop and SaaS applications. Ability to work with Architecture, Analysis and Delivery Teams to refine and manage scope and requirements.
- Proactive and positive attitude in a fast-paced environment to deliver outcomes on a deadline.
- A demonstrated desire and ability to change the product and software development practices of those around you for the better.
- Working knowledge of Agile planning, documentation, scheduling techniques and tools.
- The ability to communicate clearly with managers, software engineers, non-technical people as well as partners and customers in the language appropriate to the situation.
- The ability to write clear and concise documentation.
- Accounting knowledge. Proven knowledge of, or experience working with New Zealand & Australian and Tax legislation.
- The ability to “talk shop” with tech people.
- Good technical understanding of integration/API interfaces, data and architecture concepts.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year (rules apply) and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.