- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 10 October 2021
- Job Ref: J4314
Access is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our dynamic Product Management team. Specialising in Warehouse Management and Distribution software you will play a vital role in setting the strategic product direction and defining the product roadmap based on market and competitive trends.
You will be the business sponsor for all functional development projects for you product.
You will work with Product Marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
You will build products from existing ideas and develop new ideas based on your industry experience, research and constant external contact: customers, prospects and those shaping the sector. In addition, you will also ensure that the strategy is fulfilled with practical go-to-market planning and engagement.
Day-to-day, you responsibilities will include:
- Create the product roadmap for the responsible product and market sectors aligned with the company Strategy and Vision.
- Use sound understanding and appreciation of the Market, customer problems and competitive landscape along with research and metrics to inform decisions.
- Contribute to increasing the profitability of their product and developing innovative new ideas.
- Play a vital role in setting the strategic direction and managing the entire product lifecycle from idea to obsolescence.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and all other departments and divisions to communicate the product roadmap, product content and launch.
- Develop and implement a launch plan for responsible product, working closely with all departments to execute the plan.
- Support sales and go to market initiatives for the existing product, owning the creation of sales & demonstration material, content for lead generation, and presentations/content for user group meetings.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of customers’ business processes and requirements, becoming a product expert, able to do pre-sales demos of all of your products.
- Work with the other Product Managers to understand the overall portfolio, to facilitate the overall product strategy, integration and cross sell.
- Initiate and support engagement with clients through Special Interest Groups, User Groups and other events.
As a well-rounded Product Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Commercially aware with a good understanding of market drivers and client needs.
- Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to think creatively and exploit opportunities, with an eye for detail
- Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
- Proactive, works at pace, goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus.
- Demonstrates sound judgement, able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating with strong Interpersonal skills.
- Identifies issues early and prioritises appropriately.
- Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
- An understanding of agile development methods, processes and best practices
- An Understanding of the Warehousing and distribution sector would be advantageous but not essential.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain