- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 04 February 2022
- Job Ref: J5094
What are we all about?
We make software across a huge number of markets from Finance and Payroll to Hospitality. We’re
one of the UK’s fastest growing SAAS businesses with a team of over 3,000 people. This position is in
Health and Social care, where our products schedule and manage care for thousands of people
across the UK and Ireland. We make the apps that live in the hands of carers delivering support and
assistance to people in their own homes and every day we’re 45,000+ visits. We’re the largest
market incumbent and we’re making a huge reinvestment in our products.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their
industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 40,000 organisations rely on Access
software to help their organisation thrive.
A Product Manager with a well proven portfolio of SAAS or B2C products. We want to hear about
what you’ve built. You’ll need to have plenty of experience prioritising and managing projects. You’ll
need to be great with stakeholders, which goes without saying for a Product Manager, but this is
especially important in this role. You’ll also need a passion for making an impact with the software
you make; care is one of the least tech enabled sectors in the UK and there’s a lot of opportunity to
You will develop key systems and use your business knowledge and commercial awareness to drive
future enhancements of the business processes and customer facing solutions as well as working
with the sponsors and project teams to define project goals, scope and timelines.
Day-to-day, you responsibiliti es will include:
- Create the product roadmap for the responsible product and market sectors aligned with the company Strategy and Vision.
- Use sound understanding and appreciation of the Market, customer problems and competitive landscape along with research and metrics to inform decisions.
- Contribute to increasing the profitability of their product and developing innovative new ideas.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and all other departments and divisions to communicate the product roadmap, product content and launch.
- Develop and implement a launch plan for responsible product, working closely with all departments to execute the plan.
- Support sales and go to market initiatives for the existing product, owning the creation of sales & demonstration material, content for lead generation, and presentations/content for user group meetings.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of customers’ business processes and requirements, becoming a product expert, able to do pre-sales demos of all of your products.
- Work with the other Product Managers to understand the overall portfolio, to facilitate the overall product strategy, integration and cross sell.
- Initiate and support engagement with clients through Special Interest Groups, User Groups and other events.
As a well-rounded Product Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Commercially aware with a good understanding of market drivers and client needs.
- Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to think creatively and exploit opportunities.
- Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
- Proactive, works at pace, goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus.
- Demonstrates sound judgement, able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating with strong Interpersonal skills.
- Identifies issues early and prioritises appropriately.
- Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
- Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the
development of our people very seriously. We will work with you to carve out your success plan and
an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits you will get:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy 5 further days each year
- Match contributory pension
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain each year (covid allowing)
Become part of our amazing Access family!