- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 27 August 2021
- Job Ref: J4095
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 3 million users and over 45,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
As an experienced Product Manager, you will work as part of an established team focused on delivering business value for our Access People Proposition empowering small & medium businesses throughout the UK.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Create the product roadmap for the responsible product and market sectors aligned with the company Strategy and Vision.
- Use sound understanding and appreciation of the Market, customer problems and competitive landscape along with research and metrics to inform decisions.
- Contribute to increasing the profitability of your product and developing innovative new ideas.
- Play a vital role in setting the strategic direction and managing the entire product lifecycle from idea to obsolescence.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and all other departments and divisions to communicate the product roadmap, product content and launch.
- Develop and implement a launch plan for responsible product, working closely with all departments to execute the plan.
- Support sales and go to market initiatives for the existing product, owning the creation of sales & demonstration material, content for lead generation, and presentations/content for user group meetings.
- Work with other Product Managers to understand the overall portfolio and facilitate the overall product strategy, integration and cross sell.
- Represent the voice of the customer in all product activities
- Protect The Access Group’s Information Security Management System (ISO 27001) in accordance with our established policies and procedures. You will assist in identifying and mitigating potential information security threats and risks.
As a well-rounded Product Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- A real desire to disrupt the market
- Understanding of the HCM & Talent market a distinct advantage
- Commercially aware with a good understanding of market drivers and client needs.
- Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to think creatively and exploit opportunities.
- Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
- Proactive, works at pace, goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus.
- Demonstrates sound judgement, able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating with strong Interpersonal skills.
- Identifies issues early and prioritises appropriately.
- Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
- Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices