- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 02 December 2023
- Job Ref: J9667
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are a dynamic, skilled engineer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are a strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and provides technical leadership to the team. You are focused on delivering high-quality solutions in given timelines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment. You are comfortable working across a range of technologies and actively looking for better opportunities to use new tech.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Provide technical leadership to the team, mentoring team members where needed, and ensuring adherence to best practice design and architectural approaches.
- Proactively lead the Technical Roadmap and work with Product & Engineering management to ensure this is prioritised in the backlogs.
- Be accountable for the quality of software designs produced by the team and validate this with architecture.
- Be able to demonstrate the architecting and management of highly available and scalable environment automation and configuration.
- Actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities including responsibilities for: unit testing, code reviews, collaboration with QA, early discovery of defects, and proactive risk management.
- Have the ability to select or modify the development toolchain and define the deployment process. Understand holistic solutions, bidirectional dependencies, and be able to manage dependencies project-wide.
- Demonstrate awareness of common security anti-patterns. Champion a security-first mindset.
- Aware of the latest evolution and of the design patterns in the technologies you work in. Able to teach other developers about new advances in technology and relevant design patterns and when each one should be used.
- Actively participate in requirements analysis: highlight omissions and gaps; pro-actively contribute to discussions; and understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria.
- Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools.
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability.
- Implementation and/or management of CI Pipelines, build tooling, and environments and management/execution of Production releases.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- Cosmos DB, Event Sourcing, Rest APIs.
- Microsoft Azure, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Kubernetes, Docker.
- EFK - Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana
- Development and deployment of event-driven solutions: RabbitMQ (or similar)
- Pragmatic, competitive and driven to continuously learn/improve
- Open and collaborative style. Able to advise and guide all stakeholders and leadership, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, technical approach and strategic objectives
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
• Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
• Work - life balance
• Hybrid/Remote working
• Flexible working hours
• Competitive salary package
• Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
• Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
• Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
• Gym membership allowance
• Meal tickets
• Referral Bonus
• Christmas Bonus
• Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
• Other benefits
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for. We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun! What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family! Love Work. Love Life. Be You.